Halifax Falls Flat against Island Storm
It was a disappointing night for the Halifax Rainmen, who fall short against their Atlantic Division rivals, the Island Storm, losing 109-97 in front of a season record crowd 5,306 fans. The loss drops Halifax to 3 wins and 3 losses on the season.
During the first half of play the two teams traded the lead back and forth, with the Storm finishing the second quarter up 51-42. As the game progressed Halifax's defensive efforts fell apart, allowing the Storm to open up a double digit lead. The Storm continued the pressure in the fourth and the Rainmen, despite showing signs of life, never recovered.
Tyrone Watson led all Rainmen with 18 points on the night. Emmanuel Jones had 14 points and 7 rebounds, while Cliff Clinkscales added 14 to the effort. The Storm were led by Brandon Robinson who had 23 points and 8 rebounds on the night. Rashad Whack chipped in 17 points.
The Halifax Rainmen are back home at the Scotiabank Centre for a rematch with the Island Storm on Sunday December 14th at 2pm. Tickets are available at the Scotiabank Centre Box Office, through Ticket Atlantic, or by visiting www.rainmenbasketball.ca.
• Discuss this story on the National Basketball League of Canada message board...
National Basketball League of Canada Stories from November 29, 2014
- Storm Move into First Place Tie in Atlantic with Win in Halifax - Island Storm
- Mill Rats Hold on to Beat Miracles - Saint John Riptide
- Halifax Falls Flat against Island Storm - Halifax Rainmen
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Halifax Rainmen Stories
- Players, Fans and Supporters Cheated out of Championship
- Rainmen Owner to Offer Comment and Clarification
- Tonight's Championship Game Canceled
- Rainmen Viewing Party for the Championship Game at Bubba Ray's Sports Bar
- Halifax Drops Game Six After Stunning Second Half Collapse