Gus Young Returns from San Jose of the AHL
ESTERO, FL - Florida Everblades President & General Manager Craig Brush along with Head Coach Brad Ralph announced Thursday that defenseman Gus Young has returned to the team on loan from the San Jose Barracuda of the American Hockey League (AHL)
Young, 26, returns to the Everblades where he has collected a career high 22 points (3g, 19a) in 28 games played this season. Young logged two assists in five appearances with the Barracuda during his recent call up.
Last season, Young recorded four points in 29 AHL appearances split between the San Antonio Rampage and Chicago Wolves. In addition, the 6-2, 200-pound blueliner also registered three points (1g, 2a) in 13 games played with the Missouri Mavericks (ECHL).
From 2014-2016, Young accumulated 31 points (8g, 23a) in 132 AHL contests split between the Worcester Sharks and San Jose Barracuda.
Prior to his professional career, Young played four seasons at Yale University compiling 40 points (12g, 28a) in 110 collegiate games from 2010-2014. The Dedham, Massachusetts native was originally selected by the Colorado Avalanche in the seventh-round of the 2009 NHL Entry Draft.
The Florida Everblades head to the Amway Center on Saturday to take on the Wawa Sunshine Cup rival Orlando Solar Bears. Puck drop is scheduled for 7:00 p.m. Eastern Time.
Upcoming Home Games: Friday, February 2, vs. Greenville, 7:30 p.m. Saturday February 3, vs. Greenville, 7:00 p.m.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from January 20, 2018
- Ads Return Home to Host Rays - Norfolk Admirals
- Admirals Add Swiss Forward Allevi - Norfolk Admirals
- Motte, O'Connor Head to AHL; Paterson Rejoins Mallards - Quad City Mallards
- Gus Young Returns from San Jose of the AHL - Florida Everblades
- Tommy Olczyk Recalled to Rockford - Indy Fuel
- Mallards Join Fight against Cancer with Pink in the Rink - Quad City Mallards
- Platzer Assigned to Wichita; Thunder Adds Two More - Wichita Thunder
- Fans that wear Eagles or Royals gear receive free ticket to game next Wed. - Reading Royals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Florida Everblades Stories
- Fielding's 52 Saves Help Guide Thunder to 3-2 Overtime Win in Game 2
- McCarron & Kirkpatrick Score Twice as 'Blades Claim Game 1
- Solar Bears Bite Back with 5-3 Win in Game 4
- Kirkpatrick Scores Twice as 'Blades Take Game 3 at Orlando
- Four-Goal Third Period Propels 'Blades to 5-1 Win in Game 2