Mallards Join Fight against Cancer with Pink in the Rink
MOLINE, Ill. - The Quad City Mallards will team with Genesis Health System for Pink in the Rink, starting with an ice painting event at the TaxSlayer Center on Wednesday, February 7 and continuing when the Mallards wear special edition pink jerseys during their home games on Friday, February 9 and Saturday, February 10.
Fans are invited to stop by the TaxSlayer Center between 12:00 p.m. and 9:00 p.m. on February 7 to paint the name of a loved one affected by cancer on the ice in pink. Those names will remain in the ice for the Mallards' games February 9 at 7:05 p.m. against the Indy Fuel and February 10 at 7:05 p.m. against the Fort Wayne Komets.
Susan G. Komen, Gilda's Club of the Quad Cities and the NormaLeah Ovarian Cancer Initiative are among the nonprofit organizations who will join with the Mallards and Genesis Health System for the Pink in the Rink effort and the Mallards have implemented a special ticket offer for both the February 9 and February 10 games to benefit those organizations. A portion of the proceeds from lower bowl (horseshoe) tickets purchased by calling the Mallards at 309-277-1327 will be donated to Susan G. Komen, Gilda's Club and the NormaLeah Ovarian Cancer Initiative.
The Mallards will hit the newly painted ice for their games against Indy and Fort Wayne wearing one-of-a-kind pink sweaters that will go up for bid in a live auction immediately following the February 10 match-up with the Komets. Auction proceeds will benefit the Genesis Health Services Foundation.
About the Quad City Mallards: One of the winningest teams in all of minor league hockey, the Mallards competed in the United Hockey League from 1995 through 2007; in the International Hockey League in 2009-10; and in the Central Hockey League from 2010 through 2014. The Mallards' proud history has seen them capture the UHL's Colonial Cup Championship three times (1997, 1998, 2001) and secure that league's Tarry Cup four times (1998, 2000, 2001, 2002) for the best overall regular season record. In 2001, the Mallards made professional hockey history, recording their sixth consecutive season with 50 or more wins, a feat that has yet to be matched. The TaxSlayer Center provides a unique environment for hockey and features one-of-a-kind seating areas such as the Nest for groups and functions and the exclusive Drake Club.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from January 20, 2018
- Ads Return Home to Host Rays - Norfolk Admirals
- Admirals Add Swiss Forward Allevi - Norfolk Admirals
- Motte, O'Connor Head to AHL; Paterson Rejoins Mallards - Quad City Mallards
- Gus Young Returns from San Jose of the AHL - Florida Everblades
- Tommy Olczyk Recalled to Rockford - Indy Fuel
- Mallards Join Fight against Cancer with Pink in the Rink - Quad City Mallards
- Platzer Assigned to Wichita; Thunder Adds Two More - Wichita Thunder
- Fans that wear Eagles or Royals gear receive free ticket to game next Wed. - Reading Royals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Quad City Mallards Stories
- Mallards Clearance Sale this Week
- Motte, Osipov Head to AHL
- Mallards Rally to Win Finale
- Mallards Game Day
- Mallards Battle from Behind for 5-4 Shootout Victory over Wings