GreenJackets Slowed Down by Drive
NORTH AUGUSTA, SC: The Augusta GreenJackets, South Atlantic League affiliate of San Francisco Giants, dropped game three to the Greenville Drive (Boston Red Sox), 5-2, to go down in the four-game series, 2-1. The GreenJackets will close out their series with Greenville at SRP Park tomorrow.
The GreenJackets gave up a run early in the game with Lozado doubling off the right field wall in the 2nd inning to plate the first run of the game. The GreenJackets would eventually tie it up in the 3rd with a double off the wall by Malique Ziegler scoring Trevor Abrams. The Drive would retake the lead in the 4th with a two-run blast from Samuel Miranda for his 2nd homer of the season. Two more runs would be added in the 5th to make it 5-1.
The GreenJackets would not go away quietly, as they would load the bases in the bottom of the 9th and get a run on a sac fly by Malique Ziegler. Ziegler's plated run would be the only run added in the bottom of the 9th.
The GreenJackets will be back in action again at SRP Park tomorrow, Monday, August 13th, with first pitch being at 7:05PM (Gates at 4PM). Tomorrow night is Youth Football Night/High School Spirit Night to welcome back the beginning of the school year! We will also welcome Aiken's own, Kevin Kisner, to SRP Park tomorrow for a VIP Meet & Greet Picnic. To find out how to participate in the VIP Meet & Greet Picnic with Kevin Kisner, CLICK HERE. Every Monday at SRP Park is our Military Monday & $1 Hot Dog Days. Military members (active duty and veterans) will receive $2 off their tickets to tomorrow's game. Military Monday on Monday, August 13th is brought to you by Window Décor. Get your tickets at www.greenjacketsbaseball.com!
• Discuss this story on the South Atlantic League message board...
South Atlantic League Stories from August 12, 2018
- Drive Defeat GreenJackets 5-2 on Sunday - Greenville Drive
- GreenJackets Slowed Down by Drive - Augusta GreenJackets
- Garcia, Two Relievers Combine on BlueClaws 23rd Shutout of Season - Lakewood BlueClaws
- Crawdads Fall to Lakewood 3-0 - Hickory Crawdads
- Sanmartin Delievers Quality Outing as RiverDogs Drop Second Straight - Charleston RiverDogs
- Banfield Homers Again as Hoppers Fall - Greensboro Grasshoppers
- T's Dominate 'Hoppers in Rain Shortened Game - Asheville Tourists
- Legends Not Intimidated by Evil Empire; Sweep Kannapolis in Doubleheader - Lexington Legends
- 'Flies Ding 'Birds in Tenth - Delmarva Shorebirds
- Venters Home Run Not Enough, Braves Fall 10-4 - Rome Braves
- Debora Spectacular, Rheams Wins It with Base Hit in 10th - Columbia Fireflies
- Double-Digit Offense Backs Stellar Cubilete in Win - West Virginia Power
- West Virginia Power: Game Notes (august 12) - West Virginia Power
- Fireflies Game Notes: August 12 vs. Delmarva (Game 115) - Columbia Fireflies
- Suns Win 4-3 in Late Comeback against Charleston Saturday - Hagerstown Suns
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Augusta GreenJackets Stories
- SRP Park College Baseball Showcase to Host USC Upstate v. the University of South Carolina
- Augusta GreenJackets Praise Congressional Effort
- SRP Park to Host Georgia Southern v. the University of Georgia
- 2nd Annual Palmetto Peach Half Marathon, 10k & 5k
- 6th Annual Line Drive Canned Food Drive