Green Bay Falls at Home
The Green Bay Gamblers four-game winning streak came to a halt on Wednesday at the Resch Center as they fell to the Dubuque Fighting Saints 6-2.
Green Bay jumped out to a 1-0 lead at the 5:38 mark of the 1st period on Jake Schmaltz's 16th goal of the season.
With the game tied 1-1 after the 1st period, Dubuque took over in the 2nd period scoring three goals to take a 4-1 lead into the 3rd period.
Dubuque added a pair of goals in the 3rd before Schmaltz tallied his second of the game.
Matt Davis, who had won his last four starts, turned aside 34 shots. Green Bay recorded 29 shots.
Gamblers are back on the Resch Center ice Friday (Team USA), Saturday (Chicago) and Monday (Dubuque). Start times, 7:05 pm. Box office opens daily at 10:00 AM. Of purchase tickets oinking at gamblershockey.com.
• Discuss this story on the United States Hockey League message board...
United States Hockey League Stories from April 14, 2021
- Green Bay Falls at Home - Green Bay Gamblers
- Fighting Saints Dominate Gamblers - Dubuque Fighting Saints
- Kyler Grundy Commits to the University of St. Thomas - Green Bay Gamblers
- Faceoff for Charity 2021: Bidding Is Open - Sioux City Musketeers
- Schmid Repeats as Goaltender of the Week - Sioux City Musketeers
- Sasson Wins Second Forward Award - Waterloo Black Hawks
- Henry Thrun Captures Second USHL Defenseman of the Week Title - Dubuque Fighting Saints
- Steel Embark on Final Road Trip of Regular Season - Chicago Steel
- O'Leary Scores Twice, Stars Pick up Win over Bucs - Lincoln Stars
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.