Gray Named Riddell Defensive Player Of The Week
MILWAUKEE - The Milwaukee Iron of the Arena Football League announced today that defensive back Virgil Gray was named the Riddell Defensive Player of the Week for the AFL in Week 3.
Gray (5-10, 180, Rhode Island) helped the Milwaukee Iron overcome the Iowa Barnstormers this past weekend, acting in part with an overall Iron staunch defense. Gray tallied 6.5 tackles, the most on the team, but the highlight of the night came when he intercepted Iowa QB Ryan Vena in the endzone. Not only did Gray prevent an Iowa score, he also proceeded to return the ball 50 yards for a Milwaukee score. It was his first interception of the season.
The Iron will play host to the legendary Tampa Bay Storm and All-time AFL winningest coach Tim Marcum this Sunday, April 25 at 4 pm.
• Discuss this story on the Arena Football League message board...
Arena Football League Stories from April 21, 2010
- Blaze Announce Youth Sports Night - Utah Blaze
- Chicago Regains Control In Week 3 Coaches Poll - AFL
- Rattlers Trandon Harvey Wins AFL Weekly Honor - Arizona Rattlers
- Gray Named Riddell Defensive Player Of The Week - Milwaukee Mustangs
- Chicago Rush Game Notes - Chicago Rush
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.