Glendale's International Rugby Invitational Tournament, the RugbyTown Sevens, Kicks off this Friday, August 23
Glendale, Colorado is the place to be next weekend as the rugby world converges on Colorado for the Eighth Annual RugbyTown 7s tournament. Twenty teams from around the world travel to Glendale to compete for the chance to win $10,000.
Since 2011, the RugbyTown 7s tournament has attracted top rugby competition from around the world. Premier domestic and international clubs bring their best to RugbyTown USA, as well as representative teams from all five branches of the US Military. With Friday and Sunday prices at $5, and Saturday only $15, this is quite possibly the best opportunity for families to attend a sporting event in the Denver metro area without breaking the bank.
Sevens rugby is a variation on rugby with seven players on each team and matches lasting only 15 minutes. Athletes are tested on durability and strength as the play is wide open and high scoring.
Friday evening is opening night and will offer $5 tickets, happy hour pricing on beer, food and commemorative t-shirts. Kids twelve and under are admitted for free. At the end of the evening we will celebrate with fireworks to kick off the weekend.
Saturday, we all stand united with our military teams - US Army, US Navy, US Air Force, US Coast Guard & US Marines, as they play through to the special military championship. Infinity Park also hosts the Bruises and Brews Beerfest from 3pm to 7pm with dozens of breweries and distilleries on hand for sampling.
Sunday, the tournament culminates with the quarterfinal, semifinals and final championship match. The gates open Sunday morning at 11 with brunch, mimosas and a Hawaiian themed day. There will be hula lessons, activities for kids and food trucks. Tickets are $5 again on Sunday with kids twelve and under free.
Visit www.rugbytown7s.com for more information.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Rugby message board...
Major League Rugby Stories from August 21, 2019
- Glendale's International Rugby Invitational Tournament, the RugbyTown Sevens, Kicks off this Friday, August 23 - Colorado Raptors
- Austin Elite Rugby Returns to Round Rock Multipurpose Complex in 2020 - Austin Gilgronis
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Colorado Raptors Stories
- Colorado Raptors To Withdraw From MLR
- New Look Raptors Ready to Contend in 2020
- The Glendale Raptors are now the Colorado Raptors
- Glendale's International Rugby Invitational Tournament, the RugbyTown Sevens, Kicks off this Friday, August 23
- Glendale Rugby and Clemson Rugby Announce Partnership