Colorado Raptors To Withdraw From MLR
It is with a heavy heart that we tell you all that the Colorado Raptors will be withdrawing from Major League Rugby effective May 2, 2020. While we would have preferred to go out with a huge celebration honoring both players and fans, the sudden end of the season due to the COVID-19 health crisis has made that impossible.
Glendale has been supportive of Major League Rugby since the moment of its inception, and we certainly wish the League every success. But we believe that our greater responsibility lies in the development of American players who can go on to win the World Cup for the United States.
Glendale is RugbyTown USA, and we will always have a huge stake in the sport of rugby; this decision doesn't change that. Thank you for your support of the Colorado Raptors; and please continue to be fans of all rugby that is played at Infinity Park. When we get to the other side of this health crisis, and we WILL get to the other side, the party's at our place!!
• Discuss this story on the Major League Rugby message board...
Major League Rugby Stories from April 9, 2020
- Colorado Raptors To Withdraw From MLR - Colorado Raptors
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Colorado Raptors Stories
- Colorado Raptors To Withdraw From MLR
- New Look Raptors Ready to Contend in 2020
- The Glendale Raptors are now the Colorado Raptors
- Glendale's International Rugby Invitational Tournament, the RugbyTown Sevens, Kicks off this Friday, August 23
- Glendale Rugby and Clemson Rugby Announce Partnership