Generals Fall to Muskegon 5-2, Find Their Backs Against The Wall
FLINT, MI - David Rohlfs rebound goal with 2:45 left in the 2nd period proved to be the winner as the Muskegon Lumberjacks took a 3-1 series lead over the Flint Generals with a 5-2 victory Thursday night.
Muskegon took a 2-0 lead in the 1st period on goals by Damian Surma and Robin Bouchard, but the Generals came out storming early in the second scoring 2 goals in 26 seconds before the period was two minutes old to tie the game at 2 each. Captain Pascal Rheaume scored the first, and John Ronan scored the second. Both teams traded chances throughout the period until Rohlfs finally connected. In the 3rd, Muskegon scored their insurance goal when Billy Collins knocked a pass out of the air on a 2 on 1 into the Generals net. Todd Robinson scored the 5th goal into an empty net to close out any chance the Generals had on the night.
Game 5 of the best of 7 series is Saturday night at 7pm at LC Walker Arena in Muskegon, should the Generals win, game 6 will be back at Perani Arena on Tuesday night at 7pm. Tickets for that game will be available at the Perani Arena Box Office, by phone by calling (810) 744-0580 or online at www.ticketmaster.com after Saturday's game.
• Discuss this story on the International Hockey League 2 message board...
International Hockey League 2 Stories from April 29, 2010
- Generals Fall to Muskegon 5-2, Find Their Backs Against The Wall - Flint Generals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Flint Generals Stories
- Generals Zvyagin on Shelf, Alban Signed as Emergency Backup
- Generals and Komets Prepare for Game 4 on Friday
- Generals Win Thriller in OT to Take Game 3
- Generals Prepared For Game 3 Of Turner Cup Finals At Home Tonight At 7pm
- Generals Defeat Muskegon In Game 7; Will Face Fort Wayne In Turner Cup Finals