Gems Select New Logo
Dayton, OH- The Dayton Gems Ownership Group, proud member of the Central Hockey League, announced today that the new logo on the Gems new jerseys (as selected by the fans in a poll earlier this summer) will now be known as the primary logo that represents the organization.
"We've listened to the fans and as we have stated in previous announcements, their voice matters and we as a staff want them to have as much input in our organization as they can," said Gems President Joe Greene. "After many discussions we have come to the conclusion that this new logo is what the fans prefer to see and this is what we should be using for this season and many more seasons to come. Originally this was just going to be an alternate logo, but because of the popularity that it has taken on in a short period of time, there is no question that this is the right decision for them (the fans) and our organization."
The logo features the Gems new colors of Red, White, Blue and Black and is shaped in a circular form that represents a hockey puck with the word Dayton (in white) on the top of the circle (in black) and the word Gems on the bottom (in blue). The logo also features a gemstone (in red) in the circle in between the words Dayton and Gems.
The new logo will also be featured on all of the Gems new merchandise that will be coming out this season, as well as what fans will be able to identify the team with on the Central Hockey League website, daytongems.com and the Gems facebook and twitter pages. The logo was originally designed by the Gems Director of Graphic and Web Design, Ashley Lentz.
Season tickets are on sale now!! Full and partial ticket plans are available. For more information call the Gems offices at 937-275-7777 or log onto our website at www.daytongems.com . You can also catch us on facebook at facebook.com/daytongems. Opening night at Hara Arena is Saturday, October 16th as the Gems host the Evansville IceMen at 7:30 p.m.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from August 13, 2010
- Gems Select New Logo - Dayton Gems
- Mudbugs Ink Jamie Milam - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- "French Assassin" Dieude-Fauvel Back With Bucks - Laredo Bucks
- Burly Defenseman Maslonka Joins RiverKings - Mississippi RiverKings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Dayton Gems Stories
- Dayton Gems Donate Thousands of Dollars to Local Family & Area First Responders
- Dayton Gems End Season After 6-2 Loss to Komets Sunday
- Gems Play Season Finale Against Komets Today
- Gems Fall in Overtime to Komets 2-1 on Saturday Night
- Gems Host Komets for "Pack the House Night"