Gamblers Drop a Close One to Team USA
Green Bay returned to the Resch Center after a two-week holiday break. The Gamblers enter the game fourth in the Eastern Conference with Team USA sitting in second. After a strong first for the Gamblers, Team USA would find their groove and end the night with a 4-3 victory over the Gamblers.
Nicholas Zabaneh would get things started for the Gamblers with his seventh goal of the season. About three minutes later Kyler Grundy would add another for the Gamblers and increase their lead to 2-0.
Team USA would rattle off three straight goals in the second. Ryan St. Louis would find the net twice for Team USA.
Ryan O'Reilly would score to bring the Gamblers within one with only two seconds left and get the Gamblers to within one. Grabko was back in net tonight and had 23 saves on the night.
The Gamblers are back at the Resch tomorrow to play Team USA again. Come celebrate the New Year with us, tickets are available at www.gamblershockey.com/tickets.
• Discuss this story on the United States Hockey League message board...
United States Hockey League Stories from December 31, 2019
- Lumberjacks Go into 2020 on High Note with Win over Youngstown - Muskegon Lumberjacks
- Gamblers Blast Team USA into the New Year - Green Bay Gamblers
- McClellan and Plucinski Named to USHL Players of the Week - Omaha Lancers
- Lancers End 2019 with 6-4 Win over Musketeers - Omaha Lancers
- Hawks Finish 2019 in Style - Waterloo Black Hawks
- Herd Closes out 2019 with 4-1 Loss to Des Moines - Sioux Falls Stampede
- Tri-City Ends Decade on Three-Game Winning Streak - Tri-City Storm
- Warm Hearts for Warm Hands - Green Bay Gamblers
- Matthew Knies (Tri-City), Zach Plucinski (Omaha) and Kyle McClellan (Omaha) Earn Weekly Honors - USHL
- Matthew Knies Named USHL Forward of the Week - Tri-City Storm
- Preview: Storm Host Lincoln in New Year's Eve Celebration - Tri-City Storm
- Gamblers Drop a Close One to Team USA - Green Bay Gamblers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.