Fury FC Captain Selected to USL Championship Team of the Week
OTTAWA - Ottawa Fury FC's captain Carl Haworth has been voted to the USL Championship Team of the Week for Week 10 of the 2019 season, the league announced Tuesday. Haworth put in two stellar displays as Fury FC claimed four points over the week, recording six key passes, six interceptions and 11 recoveries.
The longest-serving member of Fury FC, Haworth joined the Ottawa club as the first Canadian signing in November 2013. Since then, the forward turned defender has played 133 matches with Fury FC, reaching over 9,700 minutes played already with 17 goals and 17 assists.
Ottawa Fury FC, led by Haworth, will look to continue on its solid start of the season as the team travels to Bethlehem to face the Steel this Sunday, May 20 (KO 6 p.m., OttawaFuryFC.com).
USL Championship Team of the Week
GK - Joe Kuzminsky, Charleston Battery: Kuzminsky recorded a four-save shutout as the Battery played to a scoreless draw against Saint Louis FC on Saturday night.
D - Carl Haworth, Ottawa Fury FC: Haworth put in two stellar displays as Fury FC claimed four points over the week, recording six key passes, six interceptions and 11 recoveries.
D - Pape Diakite, Tampa Bay Rowdies: Diakite recorded four interceptions and seven clearances and won 8 of 9 duels and 7 of 7 aerials as the Rowdies posted a shutout road win against Nashville SC.
D - Ebenezer Ackon, San Antonio FC: Ackon was strong throughout his side's shutout performance against Orange County SC, winning 16 of 19 duels, 4 of 4 aerials and recording eight clearances.
M - Dairon Asprilla, Portland Timbers 2: Asprilla scored a pair of goals and had one key pass as Portland moved back to the top of the Western Conference with a victory against Tacoma.
M - Magnus Rasmussen, Louisville City FC: Rasmussen scored twice in two outings including a standout finish in the club's win on the road against Birmingham and recorded three key passes.
M - Jackson, Fresno FC: Jackson recorded a goal and assist in the Foxes' victory against the LA Galaxy II, and over two contests during the week made 18 recoveries, completed 45 of 62 passes and won 14 of 22 duels.
M - Duane Muckette, Memphis 901 FC: Muckette scored the opening goal, completed 33 of 38 passes and made four recoveries as 901 FC took victory on the road against Hartford.
F - Jerome Kiesewetter, El Paso Locomotive FC: Kiesewetter scored twice and recorded three key passes as Locomotive FC played to a 2-2 draw with New Mexico United.
F - Adam Jahn, Phoenix Rising FC: Jahn scored a pair of goals, recorded one key pass and completed 27 of 31 passes overall to lead Rising FC in a 3-1 victory against Rio Grande Valley FC.
F - Corey Hertzog, Reno 1868 FC: Hertzog struck twice as 1868 FC took a 4-1 victory in the Donner Pass Derby against Sacramento Republic FC on Saturday night.
Bench: Tomas Romero (BST), Sam Hamilton (NM), Felipe Hernandez (SPR), Noah Pilato (LDN), Valeri Saramutin (AUS), Daniel Rios (NSH), Irvin Parra (LV)
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from May 14, 2019
- San Antonio FC Advances to Third Round of Open Cup After Win over Laredo Heat SC - San Antonio FC
- Nashville SC Defeats South Georgia Tormenta FC 2 in Open Cup Match - Nashville SC
- Hounds Defeat Dayton in Open Cup Action - Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC
- Fresno FC Adds Jems Geffrard & Matias Fernandez to 2019 Roster - Fresno FC
- Gameday: Rowdies Begin Open Cup Play - Tampa Bay Rowdies
- How to Follow: Nashville SC vs. South Georgia Tormenta 2 (USOC Second Round) - Nashville SC
- Preview | Indy Eleven Enters U.S. Open Cup vs. Lansing Ignite - Indy Eleven
- North Carolina FC Begins U.S. Open Cup Journey against Richmond Kickers - North Carolina FC
- Carson Price Joins San Antonio FC - San Antonio FC
- Match Preview: Legion FC vs. West Chester United SC - Wednesday, May 15 - Birmingham Legion FC
- Rios Named to Team of the Week Bench for 2 Goal, 1 Assist Performance - Nashville SC
- Diakite Named to Championship Team of the Week - Tampa Bay Rowdies
- Memphis 901 FC Forward Duane Muckette Earns Spot on USL Championship's Team of the Week - Memphis 901 FC
- Corey Hertzog Voted to USL Team of the Week for Second Straight Week - Reno 1868 FC
- Fury FC Captain Selected to USL Championship Team of the Week - Ottawa Fury FC
- Phoenix Rising Forward Adam Jahn Named USL Player of the Week - Phoenix Rising FC
- Phoenix's Jahn Voted Championship Player of the Week - USL
- Open Cup Third Round Pairings Announced - Tampa Bay Rowdies
- All You Need to Know About the Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup - Memphis 901 FC
- Nashville SC Learns Potential Third Round U.S. Open Cup Opponents - Nashville SC
- 2019 Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup Third Round Potential Pairings and Host Scenarios Set - Birmingham Legion FC
- Indy Eleven Signs 17-Year-Old Emerson Nieto to USL Academy Contract - Indy Eleven
- Energy FC & Opolis Clothing Celebrating Partnership Sunday in Midtown - OKC Energy FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.