Four-Time First Team All-American Defender Kelly O'Sullivan Signed by Buffalo
BUFFALO - The Buffalo Beauts have signed four-time AHCA/CCM First Team All-American and 2020 NHCA Player of the Year Kelly O'Sullivan, the team's fourth round selection in the 2020 NWHL Draft. Earlier this year, Sullivan became the first four-time All-American in Adrian College history, and just the third four-time First Team All-American in Division III women's hockey history.
The 5-foot-7 blueliner scored 29 goals and had 85 assists for 114 points in 119 games at Adrian.
"I am very excited to be signing with the Beauts and to begin my NWHL career in Buffalo," said O'Sullivan. "I can't wait to get out to Buffalo this fall to start training with the team. Go Beauts!"
O'Sullivan led Adrian defenders in scoring in each of her final three seasons with the program. In 2017-18, she was the Bulldogs' leading scorer among all skaters with 30 points (7-23-30) in 29 games.
"Kelly is one of the best players to ever come through our program, and it's very gratifying to see her achieve her goal of playing in the pros with and against some of the best players in the world," said Adrian head coach Shawn Skelly. "She had one of the most decorated careers anyone can have in college hockey and I have no doubt she will continue that in Buffalo."
• Discuss this story on the National Women's Hockey League message board...
National Women's Hockey League Stories from July 28, 2020
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Buffalo Beauts Stories
- 'Happy to Call Buffalo Home,' Jordan Juron Signs Contract to Return to the Beauts
- Farrell Roofing Signs on as a Leading Sponsor of the NWHL's Buffalo Beauts
- Buffalo Beauts Add Forward Hunter Accursi
- Erin Gehen Focused on Another Strong Season in Buffalo
- Four-Time First Team All-American Defender Kelly O'Sullivan Signed by Buffalo