Former University of New Hampshire Kicker Joins Squad
The Manchester Wolves, New Hampshire's professional arenafootball2 team, have added their third player from the University of New Hampshire with the addition of K Connor McCormick to the roster.
"Connor is a guy that we looked at last year but had some NFL looks," Wolves Head Coach Ben Bennett said. "We're happy to have him on our roster; he should definitely help out immediately."
McCormick (5'10,195), comes to the Wolves after playing four games for the Quad City Steamwheelers of the af2 this season where he connected on 3-of-4 field goals and hit 24-of-29 PATs. Prior to the af2 McCormick put together a complete career (2002-2005) at the University of New Hampshire where he was a four-year starter. The Forty Fort, PA native left his page on the Wildcats' record books as he currently holds the most field goals in a career (40), most field goals in a season (13 - 2004), most extra points in a career (176) and most extra points in a season (67 - 2005).
After graduating from UNH several NFL teams gauged interest in McCormick's kicking talents including; the Washington Redskins, Buffalo Bills, Pittsburgh Steelers and Baltimore Ravens.
"I'm really excited about this opportunity," said McCormick, who currently resides in Dover, N.H., about playing for the Wolves. "It'll be great to kick in New Hampshire again."
McCormick takes over immediately for K Bobby Belmonte (0-of-4 on field goals, 10-of-15 PATs) who was released today and will join fellow University of New Hampshire alumni WR David Bailey and OL/DL Mike Wells on the Wolves 2007 roster. McCormick will see his first action for the Wolves (5-6) this Saturday when Manchester takes on the South Georgia Wildcats (8-3) on Brady Sullivan Field at the Verizon Wireless Arena in Manchester.
Every fan through the door this Saturday, 7:05 p.m. start time, will receive a FREE pass to the New England Dragway! Also fans will be treated to a special performance by the Recycled Percussion during halftime.
Don't miss another exciting season of Manchester Wolves football in 2007! For information on season tickets, or merchandise, fans can contact the Wolves at 603.627.WOLF (9653) or visit them on the web at www.manchesterwolves.com.
• Discuss this story on the arenafootball2 message board...
arenafootball2 Stories from June 27, 2007
- Firecats Defenders Breaking Records - Florida Firecats
- Dorados Sign DB Robert Towns, Claim QB Off Waivers - Rio Grande Valley Dorados
- Steamwheelers Announce Early Bird Season Ticket Pricing for 2008. - Quad City Steamwheelers
- Former University of New Hampshire Kicker Joins Squad - Manchester Wolves
- Seven af2 Alumni Named To AFL All-Rookie Team - af2
- Top-Sixteen Coaches Poll Welcomes Lightning - Stockton Lightning
- Blizzard Play for Division Lead - Green Bay Blizzard
- Pioneers Top Coaches Poll For Tenth Straight Week - af2
- Williams Named af2 Ironman of the Week - Arkansas Diamonds
- Ford Center All-Access Tour Featuring the Yard Dawgz - Oklahoma City Yard Dawgz
- Mahoning Valley Thunder game notes - Mahoning Valley Thunder
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.