Former Oregon Standout Signs with Bandits
ROSEMONT, Ill. - The Chicago Bandits have agreed to terms with former Oregon standout Kailee Cuico on a contract that runs through the remainder of the 2015 NPF season, per team general manager, Aaron M. Moore.
"I'm excited that I can join the team and keep playing," Cuico said. "The Bandits are a fun team and that's the way they've always been. They have great team chemistry."
Cuico had compiled a .125 batting average this season with two home runs and five RBIs in nine games with Akron this season before being released on July 8. One of her home runs came against the Bandits on June 5. She has spent the last two seasons with the Racers after a stellar career at Oregon, where she stands as the all-time leader in home runs (46) and RBI (180).
In addition to etching her name in the record books, Cuico was a three-time All-Pac 12 Honorable Mention and was instrumental in leading the Ducks to the semifinals of the 2014 Women's College World Series.
As a rookie, Cuico saw a significant amount of playing time when All-NPF first baseman Charlotte Morgan went down with an arm injury. She held a .143 batting average with one home run and two RBIs over 18 games with the Racers in her first NPF season.
"We are excited to add a player of Kailee's caliber," Moore said. "She will be an integral part of our team as the season hits its home stretch. She has showed us that she can be a serviceable player in the NPF and we're looking forward to seeing what she can contribute."
Prior to returning to the Racers for a second season, Cuico had remained on staff with her alma mater in a coaching role.
Following a long road trip, the Bandits return to Rosemont for a five-game home stand, which will kick off with a three-game set against the Dallas Charge on Thursday, July 23.
Tickets for all remaining Bandits home games for the 2015 season are on sale now at www.chicagobandits.com or can be purchased by calling the front office at 877-722-6348.
Images from this story
Chicago Bandits with the Akron Racers
• Discuss this story on the National Pro Fastpitch message board...
National Pro Fastpitch Stories from July 22, 2015
- Pride Take Series against Rebellion with 3-1 Win - USSSA Pride
- Former Oregon Standout Signs with Bandits - Chicago Bandits
- Pride Closeout Series with Rebellion with Win, 3-1 - USSSA Pride
- Pauly's 8th Win Caps a Shutout Victory over Charge, 6-0 - Akron Racers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Chicago Bandits Stories
- Bandits Promote Skirha to Assistant GM
- DJ Sanders and Kinship Entertainment Agree to OPAL
- Bandits GM, Mascot Surprise Marie Marcum at Her Softball Practice
- Bandits' Ocasio Inks OPAL Deal with HitTrax
- Rosemont Tourism Bureau to Sponsor Entire Bandits Team Through OPAL Program