Former Fury now a 'Hound
The 2002 NIFL National Champion Ohio Valley Greyhounds are pleased to announce the signing of Steve Vagedes.
Vagades, a 6'3", 220-pound Wide Receiver from Ohio Northern University, will make his NIFL debut with the Greyhounds. Steve played the 2002 season with Detroit Fury of the Arena League.
Vagedes, while at ONU was first-team All American two times as a wide receiver and punter and once as a long snapper.
After graduation Steve was signed by the Atlanta Falcon and joined their practice squad in 2000.
In 2001, Steve signed with the Philadelphia Eagles. After being released from the Eagles, Vagedes was signed by the Green Bay Packers and allocated to the Barcelona Dragons of NFL- Europe.
After returning from Europe, Steve signed with the Oakland Raiders. While in camp with the Raiders, Steve suffered a hamstring injury and was released. Steve then signed and finished in 2002 with the Detroit Fury of the Arena Football League.
• Discuss this story on the United Indoor Football Association message board...
United Indoor Football Association Stories from February 3, 2003
- Former Fury now a 'Hound - Ohio Valley Greyhounds
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Ohio Valley Greyhounds Stories
- Two Greyhounds Players Achieve "UIF Player of the Week" Honors
- Greyhounds Sign Five New Players
- Greyhounds Enter Broadcast Partnership with Network West Virginia
- Head Coach Bryson Signs Four New Players Prior to BlueCats Game
- Greyhounds and Network West Virginia Announce Broadcast Partnership