Florida Launch Keep Winning Streak Alive
BOCA RATON, Fla.- After fighting the Atlanta Blaze through three periods, the Florida Launch ultimately extinguished the visitors 19-16 by the hands of veteran Kieran McArdle (7G, 1A).
Struggling to hold off the Blaze from an early lead, the Launch entered the locker room at halftime with a two-point deficit.
Entering the second half with a refocused energy, the Launch tied the game early in the half with goals from Liam Byrnes and McArdle. Holding the Blaze to a single goal late in the third, the Launch began what would be an unstoppable scoring spree that lasted through the fourth period.
Burning through the fourth quarter, the Launch scored four unanswered goals to ultimately beat the Blaze. An imposing defensive presence late in the game stifled the Blaze's offensive efforts, limiting Atlanta to two goals in the fourth quarter. The league leader in saves, Launch goalie Austin Kaut (.529 SV%) continued his standout performance, saving 18 out of 34 shots on goal for his fifth win of the season.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Lacrosse message board...
Major League Lacrosse Stories from June 17, 2017
- Florida Launch Keep Winning Streak Alive - Florida Launch
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Florida Launch Stories
- Florida Launch Giving Free Tickets to Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School Students
- News Florida Launch to Hold Two Open Tryouts in 2018
- News Florida Launch Sign Tucker Durkin to One-Year Extension
- News Florida Launch Set to Play Ohio Machine in Semi-Final
- Florida Launch Beat Chesapeake BayHawks in THRILLER