Florida Launch Beat Chesapeake BayHawks in THRILLER
BOCA RATON, Fla.-Saturday night was one for the Launch record books as they took down the Chesapeake Bayhawks in an electrifying 20-19 victory, marking the first time the Launch reached six wins in a single season.
With the hype surrounding the first-ever jersey retirement of lacrosse legend Casey Powell's iconic No. 22, the Launch entered their matchup with the Bayhawks with an unwavering energy that propelled them to an 11-3 lead at the half.
Though the Bayhawks overcame their halftime deficit to tie the game in the fourth quarter, the Launch held on, with a game winner from Dylan Molloy to solidify their close victory.
Coca-Cola Player of the Game McArdle lead the Launch with seven points (4G, 3A), besting his performance from the Launch's last meeting with Chesapeake. Rookie Nick Mariano followed close behind McArdle with five points (3G, 2A), recording his first career hat trick. Mariano was one of five Launch players to register three goals tonight, along with McArdle, fellow rookie Molloy, Launch veteran Chazz Woodson, and fellow Orangeman Steven Brooks.
Kaut was a force in the cage, keeping the Bayhawks to three goals in the first half. Through four quarters, Kaut saved 19 out of 36 goals to reach a league-best 206 saves.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Lacrosse message board...
Major League Lacrosse Stories from July 16, 2017
- Florida Launch Beat Chesapeake BayHawks in THRILLER - Florida Launch
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Florida Launch Stories
- Florida Launch Announce Training Camp Events in Boca Raton
- Florida Launch Giving Free Tickets to Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School Students
- News Florida Launch to Hold Two Open Tryouts in 2018
- News Florida Launch Sign Tucker Durkin to One-Year Extension
- News Florida Launch Set to Play Ohio Machine in Semi-Final