Flash Inch Closer to Second
ANAHEIM, California - The Rio Grande Valley Flash inched closer to second place as they defeated the Anaheim Bolts by score of 18-4 at the Anaheim Arena on Saturday night.
With the victory, the Flash have a five game winning streak and is one of the longest streaks in the Professional Arena Soccer League.
Robson de Souza scored four goals and Efrain Martinez netted a hat-trick since signing with the Flash to pace the offense in the victory.
With the Chicago Mustangs being idle for the week, the Flash gained ground on the race for second place in the Central Division, trailing them by a game and a half.
The Flash can make up more ground with Chicago, with a victory on Sunday afternoon over the Toros of Mexico. The game is scheduled for a 3:00 pm CST kickoff at the UniSantos Unidad Deportiva.
The next home match for the Flash is on Friday night February 15 when they host the Chicago Mustangs at State Farm Arena with the kick-off at 7:30 pm.
RGV Flash season and individual tickets are on sale at the State Farm Arena box office or by calling the front office at (956) 843-6688.
• Discuss this story on the Professional Arena Soccer League message board...
Professional Arena Soccer League Stories from February 10, 2013
- PASL Points and Assists Records Fall as Sockers Crush Arizona 16-2 - San Diego Sockers
- Flash Grind Out Road Sweep - Rio Grande Valley Flash
- Bolts Fall 18-4 to Fired up Rio Grande Valley - Anaheim Bolts
- Flash Inch Closer to Second - Rio Grande Valley Flash
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Rio Grande Valley Flash Stories
- La Fiera F.C Announce Season Schedule
- RGV La Fiera F.C Announce Division and Home Opener
- Flash Lose in Thriller
- Garcia Earns Second Team Nod
- 5 Star Flores as Flash Advance to Semifinal