FireAntz shake up lineup before deadline
[FAYETTEVILLE, N.C.] Â– The Cape Fear FireAntz of the South East Hockey League (SEHL) announced today that the club has waived forward Aaron Shrieves and have placed forward Matt Shannon on season ending injured reserve. Jerry Galway and Chris Duggan have been added to the roster to take the place of Shrieves and Shannon.
Shrieves, a 6Â’3Â” 215 pound forward from Nelson, British Columbia, played 43 games with the FireAntz this season. In those 43 games, Shrieves had 18 points, was a minus four, and had 318 penalty minutes.
Shannon, a 6Â’1Â” 210 pound forward from Miramichi, New Brunswick, has been placed on season ending injured reserve due to medical conditions. In 50 games for the FireAntz this season, Shannon had 14 points, was a minus three, and had 142 penalty minutes.
Cape Fear has added defenseman Jerry Galway to take the place of Shrieves on the roster. Galway, a 5Â’8Â” 185 pound defenseman from Mississauga, Ontario played this season with the Lubbock Cotton Kings of the Central Hockey League (CHL). In 44 games with Lubbock, Galway had 17 points and 29 penalty minutes. Galway played for the Atlantic City Boardwalk Bullies for the East Coast Hockey League (ECHL) last season and played collegiate hockey at R.I.T. from 1998-02.
The FireAntz have also added forward Chris Duggan to take the place of Shannon on the roster. Duggan, a 6Â’0Â” 185 pound forward from Toronto, Ontario also played for the Lubbock Cotton Kings this season. In 60 games played, Duggan had 33 points and 55 penalty minutes. Duggan played from 1998-02 at Canisius College (NCAA Division I).
With the victory last night, the Cape Fear FireAntz have clinched a berth in the 2004 South East Hockey League Playoffs. The first FireAntz playoff home game at the Crown Coliseum will either be Thursday, March 25th or Sunday, March 28th. Continue to check the FireAntz website at www.fireantzhockey.com and other media for more details.
â€¢ Discuss this story on the South East Hockey League message board...
South East Hockey League Stories from March 15, 2004
- South East Hockey League Releases Playoff Rosters - SEHL
- Ice Bears Sign Two for Playoff Push - Knoxville Ice Bears
- FireAntz place Kiley on team suspension - Fayetteville Marksmen
- FireAntz shake up lineup before deadline - Fayetteville Marksmen
- Channel Cats to appear on Discovery Channel - Huntsville Channel Cats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Fayetteville Marksmen Stories
- Marksmen Host Virtual Opening Night on New Year's Eve
- State Restrictions Force Season Cancellation for Marksmen, Several SPHL Teams
- Leading Goal Scorer Bowen Re-Signs for 2020-21 Season
- Fan-Favorite Josh Victor Returns to Marksmen for Sophomore Season
- Marksmen Honored as Southeastern United States Sports Team of the Year