Fire to Unveil New PUMA Jersey Tomorrow at Press Conference
CHICAGO, IL (Tuesday, January 14, 2003) - The Chicago Fire's newest member, 18 year-old midfielder and U.S. Under-20 National Team player Justin Mapp, will unveil the Fire's jersey by PUMA at a press conference on Wednesday, January 15 at 10:30 a.m. (CT) inside the Kovler Lion House at Chicago's Lincoln Park Zoo. Fire General Manager Peter Wilt, goalkeeper Zach Thornton and defender C.J. Brown, as well as PUMA General Manager Jay Piccola are also expected to partake in the unveiling ceremony.
WHO: Fire General Manager Peter Wilt, new player Justin Mapp, defender C.J. Brown, goalkeeper Zach Thornton and PUMA General Manager Jay Piccola
WHAT: Unveiling of the new Chicago Fire/PUMA jersey
WHEN: Wednesday, January 15 at 10:30 a.m. CT
WHERE: Kovler Lion House at Lincoln Park Zoo, 2200 N. Cannon Drive in Chicago
Directions to Lincoln Park Zoo:
- From the North: Take the Kennedy Expressway (I-90/94) and exit on Fullerton. Go east on Fullerton to Cannon Drive. The zoo is located south of Fullerton on Cannon Drive.
- From the West: Take the Eisenhower Expressway (I-290) east to Congress Parkway and follow the signs to Lake Shore Drive. Go north on Lake Shore Drive and exit on Fullerton. Go west to Cannon Drive.
- From the South: Take the Dan Ryan Expressway (1-90/94) to the Stevenson Expressway and onto Lake Shore Drive. Go north on Lake Shore Drive and exit on Fullerton. Go west to Cannon Drive.
Parking is available adjacent to the east entrance of the zoo along Cannon Drive.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from January 14, 2003
- Burn To Play at Dragon Stadium in Southlake in 2003; Team Announces Ticket Prices for 2003 Season - FC Dallas
- United On the Clock at 2003 MLS SuperDraft - D.C. United
- Rapids Announce 2003-2004 Soccer Calendar - Colorado Rapids
- Fire to Unveil New PUMA Jersey Tomorrow at Press Conference - Chicago Fire
- MLS Combine News & Notes - MLS
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Chicago Fire Stories
- 10-Man Chicago Fire Narrowly Falls 2-1 to Philadelphia Union at Subaru Park
- Chicago Fire FC Weekly Update: October 26 Ã¢ÂÂ November 1
- Chicago Fire FC Extend Home Unbeaten Streak to Six Games, Draw New York Red Bulls 2-2
- Chicago Fire FC Away Match against Minnesota United FC Rescheduled to November 4
- Chicago Fire FC Weekly Update: October 19-25