Finals Series Tied 2-2 as Hurricanes Lose Game 4 in London
The National Basketball League of Canada Finals are highly competitive and this year is no different. The series is now tied at two games apiece as the Halifax Hurricanes fell to the London Lightning 122-114 in overtime on Saturday night in London.
Foul trouble followed the Hurricanes for much of the game and forwards Mike Poole and Billy White both fouled out, while other key players like Tyrone Watson and Rhamel Brown had to sit significant minutes to avoid the ejection.
With other go-to scorers on the bench, Antoine Mason put the Hurricanes on his back in the fourth quarter and led the charge to erase a 10-plus point deficit and get the Hurricanes back in contention. He hit several huge shots in the fourth, including a few key three-pointers. He finished the game with a big double-double: 36 points of 50 per cent from the field and from three, while pulling down 10 rebounds and dishing out six assists. He also grabbed four steals on the night.
Tyrone Watson also netted another double-double game in this series with 17 points and 10 boards.
Ta'Quan Zimmerman provided some clutch offence off the bench. He had 14 points of 40 per cent three-point shooting in the Hurricanes effort.
A pivotal Game 5 will happen on Monday evening at 8 p.m. Atlantic in London. The series will then shift back to Halifax for Game 6 at Scotiabank Centre on Thursday, May 17.
Check HalifaxHurricanes.ca or follow the team on social media to find out when tickets for Thursday's game will become available. If necessary Game 7 will be played on Friday, May 18 in Halifax.
• Discuss this story on the National Basketball League of Canada message board...
National Basketball League of Canada Stories from May 12, 2018
- Lightning Even NBL Finals Series at Two - London Lightning
- Finals Series Tied 2-2 as Hurricanes Lose Game 4 in London - Halifax Hurricanes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Halifax Hurricanes Stories
- Hurricanes Lose Heartbreaking Game 7 to the Lightning in Halifax
- Hurricanes Beat London, Force Game 7 in Halifax
- Hurricanes Lose Game 5 in London, Trail Series 3-2
- Finals Series Tied 2-2 as Hurricanes Lose Game 4 in London
- Hurricanes Lose on the Road as London Takes Game 3 of NBLC Finals