FC Dallas Statement on Return to Youth Training & Competitive Play
Texas Governor Greg Abbott announced today that some professional sports franchises may begin applying for approval to host events without spectators starting on May 31, 2020. FC Dallas will continue to follow guidance from Major League Soccer regarding a return to 2020 league play.
Additionally, on May 31, youth sports may begin holding practices without spectators other than one parent or guardian per participant. Youth sports competition has been cleared to resume beginning June 15, 2020 with social distancing measures recommended. Having recently returned to limited small group activity during Phase One of the State's reopening, FC Dallas is ready to progress to full team training for its youth teams with appropriate safeguards and protocols for the health and safety of all players, staff, coaches and parents.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from May 18, 2020
- Movin' to SoFlo: Inter Miami Rookies - Inter Miami CF
- Nashville Soccer Club Joins All in Challenge, Auctions Gibson Guitar Riff Experience and Autographed Guitar - Nashville SC
- Sounders FC Begins Voluntary Individual Workouts - Seattle Sounders FC
- Best MLS Jersey of All-Time Bracket Opens Tuesday During MLS Jersey Week Presented by adidas (May 18-24): This Week in MLS - MLS
- FC Dallas Statement on Return to Youth Training & Competitive Play - FC Dallas
- FC Cincinnati Weekly Update: May 18, 2020 - FC Cincinnati
- MLS Unites to Celebrate Creativity - MLS
- Community to Help Choose West End Stadium Bowl Seating Design - FC Cincinnati
- Columbus Crew SC's Broadcast Schedule of Re-Airs: May 18-23 - Columbus Crew SC
- Philadelphia Union Return to Individual Workouts - Philadelphia Union
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.