Fairchild's single gives Nauts 1-0 win
Little Falls, NJ- The NY/NJ Juggernaut (27-16) swept their doubleheader against the Arizona Heat (13-29) with a 1-0 win in the nightcap.
The only run of the game came in the fourth inning when catcher Germaine Fairchild singled to left with two outs to score shortstop Lyndsey Klein. Klein led the inning off with a double to the left field fence. Fairchild led the Nauts offensively going 2-for-2 with an RBI. Klein also had two hits, going 2-for-3 with a run scored and a double.
Juggernaut starter Kaci Clark kept the Heat scoreless, pitching seven full innings, giving up no runs on three hits, one walk, and nine strikeouts. Tarrah Beyster took the loss for Arizona, giving up one run on six hits, one walk, and one strikeout.
Third baseman Becky Turi, shortstop Nancy Evans, and leftfielder Katie Gutierrez each had a hit for the Heat. The Juggernaut now travel to New England for a three-game road trip, and will return home for a three-game series against the first-place Akron Racers.
• Discuss this story on the National Pro Fastpitch message board...
National Pro Fastpitch Stories from July 29, 2004
- Now's the Time! - New England Riptide
- Fairchild's single gives Nauts 1-0 win - New York/New Jersey Juggernaut
- Racers pick up 11th series victory despite loss to Riptide - Akron Racers
- Scott and clutch hitting power Nauts - New York/New Jersey Juggernaut
- NPF This Week - NPF
- Sunbirds fall, 4-0, to Texas - California Sunbirds
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent New York/New Jersey Juggernaut Stories
- Juggernaut team up with Harlem RBI
- Cox powers Juggernaut offense
- New York notches fifth straight comeback victory
- Nauts clinch sweep with another come from behind win
- New York Takes Game Three in Extra Innings