Esks Sign Two, Release One
Edmonton - The Edmonton Eskimo Football Club announces the signing of non-import defensive back Shea Pierre and import running back Tracy Lampley.
Pierre was originally selected in the sixth round (41st overall) by Toronto in the 2012 CFL Canadian Draft. In four seasons at Windsor University (2008-11), he registered 73 tackles over 25 games and was named a 2011 Ontario University Athletics First-Team All Star. Pierre also spent time with the Mississauga Warriors of the Ontario Varsity Football League.
In four years at Southern Mississippi (2009-12), Lampley amassed 961 yards on 182 carries with five touchdowns and 1,208 receiving yards on 108 catches with five touchdowns. He also returned 78 punts for 847 yards with two touchdowns and 66 kickoffs for 1,482 yards with two touchdowns. He closed out the 2011 season with back-to-back games of 200 or more all-purpose yards and was named the C-USA Championship Game MVP.
• Discuss this story on the Canadian Football League message board...
Canadian Football League Stories from May 22, 2013
- Argonauts Sign Draft Picks - Toronto Argonauts
- Esks Sign Two, Release One - Edmonton Eskimos
- Matthews and Allen To Take Their Place On Lions Wall of Fame in July - B.C. Lions
- 100th Grey Cup Festival Brought $133.1 Million to Ontario - Toronto Argonauts
- Stampeders Announce New Signings - Calgary Stampeders
- Roughriders Announce Richardson Pioneer Rider Nation Community Celebration Contest - Saskatchewan Roughriders
- Tiger-Cats Add Receivers - Hamilton Tiger-Cats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.