Tiger-Cats Add Receivers
HAMILTON - The Hamilton Tiger-Cats announced today that import receivers Justin Hilton, Eric McCree and Donovan Varner have signed with the team.
Last season, Hilton attended training camp with the NFL's Cincinnati Bengals and later spent time on the team's practice roster. He finished his collegiate career at Indiana State, where he caught 40 passes for 684 yards and seven touchdowns.
McCree played four seasons at Fort Valley State University. As a senior, he ranked sixth in the SIAC in receiving with 48 catches for 688 yards and eight touchdowns.
Varner spent four years at Duke, where he holds the school record for career receptions (207) and ranks third all-time in receiving yards (2,660). In 2011, he became the first player in ACC history to register 60+ receptions in three consecutive seasons.
• Discuss this story on the Canadian Football League message board...
Canadian Football League Stories from May 22, 2013
- Argonauts Sign Draft Picks - Toronto Argonauts
- Esks Sign Two, Release One - Edmonton Eskimos
- Matthews and Allen To Take Their Place On Lions Wall of Fame in July - B.C. Lions
- 100th Grey Cup Festival Brought $133.1 Million to Ontario - Toronto Argonauts
- Stampeders Announce New Signings - Calgary Stampeders
- Roughriders Announce Richardson Pioneer Rider Nation Community Celebration Contest - Saskatchewan Roughriders
- Tiger-Cats Add Receivers - Hamilton Tiger-Cats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.