Erie Explosion Joins PIFL
The Erie Explosion are proud to announce their joining of the PIFL (Professional Indoor Football League). This group of teams started in 2011 with a merger of the SIFL and AIFA. The merger lasted one year with several teams going their separate ways including Erie.
In 2012 a group of strong owners formed the PIFL to move forward with Indoor Football. 2015 will be the fourth year of operations. Expansion teams have been added only to fit in their geographic footprint. We are making a bold step up to compete with them and at the same time the sense of coming home!
The 2015 Season will begin with the home opener on March 29th at the Erie Insurance Arena against the Lehigh Valley Steelhawks, the 2014 League runner up. The 2015 Season will have six home games, keeping Indoor Football in Erie, PA.
We would like to continue the tradition of being Erie's Championship Team, having several players from Erie and area Colleges and Universities. As the coaches review the best talent, please look forward to player signings and announcements.
• Discuss this story on the Professional Indoor Football League message board...
Professional Indoor Football League Stories from October 13, 2014
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Erie Explosion Stories
- Erie Explosion Suspend 2016 Football Operations
- Explosion Announce Affiliation with New Indoor Football Alliance
- Erie Explosion Welcome D-Day Survivors June 6th
- Join Us in Honoring Those Who Have Served Our Great Nation
- Erie Explosion Playmaker Moe Williams Headed to AFL