ECHL Announces Fine, Suspension
May 18, 2019 - ECHL (ECHL) News Release
PRINCETON, N.J. - The ECHL on Saturday announced that Florida's Ben Masella has been suspended for one game and fined an undisclosed amount as a result of his actions in ECHL Playoff Game #M-4, Florida at Newfoundland, on May 17.
Masella was assessed a major penalty and game misconduct for boarding under Rule #41.5 at 15:07 of the second period. He is fined and suspended under Rule #28 - Supplementary Discipline.
Masella will miss Game 5 of Florida's series at Newfoundland tonight (May 18).
Under the terms of the Collective Bargaining Agreement between the ECHL and the Professional Hockey Players' Association, player fines collected by the ECHL are given to the PHPA for its ECHL Player's Hardship Fund.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from May 18, 2019
- Walleye Snap Oilers Home Winning Streak - Tulsa Oilers
- Growlers Are Eastern Conference Champs, Beat Everblades 3-0 - Newfoundland Growlers
- Everblades' Season Ends with Game 5 Loss to Growlers - Florida Everblades
- Newfoundland Captures E.A. "Bud" Gingher Trophy as Eastern Conference Champions - ECHL
- ECHL Announces Fine, Suspension - ECHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.