Earthquakes Face Real Salt Lake Tonight
SAN JOSE, Calif. - The San Jose Earthquakes (2-1-0; 6 pts.) hit the road to face Real Salt Lake (2-0-0; 6 pts.) tonight at Rio Tinto Stadium in Sandy, Utah. The match kicks off at 6:30 p.m. PT and will be broadcast live on the NBC Sports app, KNBR 1050 and 1370 KZSF. The match will later air via tape delay on NBC Sports Bay Area at 10:30 p.m. More information about tonight's broadcast can be found here.
San Jose has won consecutive matches by 2+ goals, climbing to second place in the Western Conference. The Quakes defeated FC Dallas 3-1 on April 24 before prevailing over D.C. United 4-1 on May 1. Forward Cade Cowell, 17, was a finalist for the MLS Player of the Week award following each of the two victories, winning the most recent vote and becoming the third youngest player in MLS history to do so. U.S. National Team midfielder and team captain Jackson Yueill, 24, was also named to the MLS Team of the Week last week after scoring two goals, the first multi-goal game of his career.
Real Salt Lake is off to a perfect start, winning both of their matches to date. Forward Rubio Rubin tallied two assists in their first match and two goals in their second match. He and Cowell are the only two players in MLS with at least two goals and two assists so far this season.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from May 7, 2021
- MLS Disciplinary Committee Decisions Issued - MLS
- LAFC and Midfielder Eduard Atuesta Agree to Contract Extension - Los Angeles FC
- Sunday's Match Officially Sold Out, Limited Number of Tickets Available for Wednesday's Match - Inter Miami CF
- Austin FC 2021 Major League Soccer Season Schedule Update - Austin FC
- Columbus Crew SC Returns to Historic Crew Stadium for Match against D.C. United Tomorrow - Columbus Crew SC
- Szabolcs Schön Called into National Team Duty - FC Dallas
- Match Preview: Atlanta United vs. Inter Miami CF - Atlanta United FC
- Toronto FC Sign Defender Kemar Lawrence - Toronto FC
- Minnesota United FC at Colorado Rapids Preview - Minnesota United FC
- Orlando City to Face New York City FC on Saturday - Orlando City SC
- What to Watch for as Nashville SC Wraps up Homestand against New England RevolutionÃÂ - Nashville SC
- FC Loro Joins CF Montréal's Scouting and Development Centre - Club de Foot Montreal
- #DALvHOU: Five Facts You Need to Know - FC Dallas
- Earthquakes Face Real Salt Lake Tonight - San Jose Earthquakes
- Three Points: Houston Dynamo FCÃ¢ÂÂ¯ face in-state rival in first leg of Texas Derby - Houston Dynamo FC
- PLATINUM-Certified Artist BRELAND to Sing National Anthem at Nashville SC Match on May 8 - Nashville SC
- FC Dallas Updates Face Mask Policy for Matches at Toyota Stadium - FC Dallas
- Rapids Look to Build First Winning Streak of 2021 against Visiting Loons - Colorado Rapids
- Sporting Hosts Expansion Side Austin FC on Sunday - Sporting Kansas City
- Nashville Soccer Club Set to Open Nissan Stadium at Near Full Capacity on May 23 on National Television - Nashville SC
- Game Preview: New England Revolution at Nashville Sc - New England Revolution
- FC Cincinnati Sign Goalkeeper Kenneth Vermeer - FC Cincinnati
- New York Concludes Two-Match Homestand against Toronto FC - New York Red Bulls
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent San Jose Earthquakes Stories
- Earthquakes Announce Broadcast and Kickoff Time Changes for Road Match vs. LA Galaxy
- Earthquakes Weekly Update: June 7, 2021
- Earthquakes Sign SuperDraft Selection George Asomani
- Earthquakes to Host Vaccination Event on June 10
- Club America vs. Atlas FC Kickoff Time Moved to 7:30 p.m. PT