Eagles Weekend Games in Moncton Postponed
Quebec City, QC - The Saint John Sea Dogs have recorded a positive COVID-19 test among the staff and are suspending team in-person activities.
The league issued a memo to Sea Dogs' executives in which it outlined the following steps to take in accordance with COVID-19 protocols:
Players and staff will now be isolated;
Members of the organization who have been in contact with the infected person will be tested;
Public Health Officials have been contacted by the League. They are exploring the nature of all contacts between players and staff. Any additional findings will be shared with the team and the League.
The Cape Breton Eagles, who played the Sea Dogs last night, will not be competing until the investigation by Public Health Officials is complete. It is important to note that the infected individual did not travel to the Cape Breton region with the club, and that the Eagles organization will be strictly abiding by all safety protocols set forth by the league and Public Health Officials.
Therefore, the following games are postponed:
Game # Date Visiting team Local team
131 2020-11-20 Cape Breton Moncton
129 2020-11-20 Saint John Charlottetown
140 2020-11-21 Cape Breton Moncton
141 2020-11-22 Saint John Acadie-Bathurst
248 2020-11-25 Moncton Saint John
• Discuss this story on the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League message board...
Quebec Major Junior Hockey League Stories from November 19, 2020
- Weekend Games vs. Cape Postponed - Moncton Wildcats
- Friday Night Game against Sea Dogs Postponed - Charlottetown Islanders
- CHL launches premiere Memorial eCup presented by Kia - QMJHL
- Eagles Weekend Games in Moncton Postponed - Cape Breton Eagles
- Sea Dogs Suspend Activities - QMJHL
- Sea Dogs Suspend Activities Following a Positive COVID-19 Test - Saint John Sea Dogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.