Drive Acquire Henry Sims and Lorenzo Brown
GRAND RAPIDS, MICH. (NOV 12, 2015) - The Grand Rapids Drive, the NBA Affiliate of the Detroit Pistons announced today that the team as acquired and activated center Henry Sims and guard Lorenzo Brown. These two make up the completed roster for the 2015-16 season's opening night. The roster now consists of six returning players, one affiliate player, two 2015 Drive open tryout attendees, two 2015 NBA Development League draftees, and one player from the waiver pool.
Sims a 6-foot-10, 248-pound center joins the Grand Rapids Drive after a history with teams in both the NBA and the NBA D-League before landing with the Philadelphia 76ers in February of 2014. While with the Sixers, Sims played in 73 games, starting 32, averaging 8.0 points, and 4.9 rebounds per game. In August of 2015, Sims signed with the Phoenix Suns and was later waived in October after appearing in all six of the team's preseason games.
Sims will wear number 32 while with the Grand Rapid Drive.
Brown a 6-foot-5, 189-pound guard was selected with the 52nd overall pick in the 2013 NBA Draft by the Minnesota Timberwolves and later signed with the Philadelphia 76ers on Nov. 20, 2013 as a free agent. While with the Sixers, Brown played in 26 games during the 2013-14 season, averaging 2.5 points per game. Brown went on to sign with the Detroit Pistons on Sept. 25, 2014 but was later waived in Oct. and then signed with the Grand Rapids Drive in Nov 2014. During his 2014-15 season stint with the Drive, Brown played 18 games averaging 16.8 points, 4.9 rebounds and 3.8 assists and was named to the Futures All-Star team for the 2015 NBA D-League All-Star Game. On Jan. 27, 2015 Brown received a GATORADE Call Up and signed a 10-day contract with the Minnesota Timberwolves and later signed for the rest of the season, averaging 4.2 points, 2.4 rebounds and 3.1 assists. The Timberwolves later waved Brown on Oct. 24, 2015.
While with the Grand Rapids Drive, Brown will return to number 17.
The Drive will begin the season at home on Saturday, Nov 14th against the Delaware 87ers for a 7:00 PM tip. For ticket information please call the Drive offices at 844-GR-DRIVE or by emailing email@example.com.
For media related inquiries, please contact Sarah P. Jbara by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Below is the current 2015-16 season numerical roster.
2015-16 CURRENT TEAM NUMERICAL ROSTER
NO. NAME POS HT WT DOB SCHOOL STATUS
0 Ashton Pitts F 6'7 195 3/25/1988 Southern Polytechnic State Univ. Open Tryout
3 Devin Ebanks F 6'9 215 10/28/1989 West Virginia Univ. Returning
9 Ryan Boatright G 5'11 175 12/27/1992 University of Connecticut Affiliate
12 Xavier Ford F 6'7 210 1/20/1992 University at Buffalo Open Tryout
14 Stefhon Hannah G 6'1 175 6/14/1985 Missouri Returning
15 Kelsey Barlow G 6'5 200 2/14/1991 University of Illinois-Chicago Returning
17 Lorenzo Brown G 6'5 189 8/26/1990 North Carolina State Univ. Returning
18 Kammeon Holsey F 6'8 230 9/4/1990 Georgia Tech Returning
23 Sam Thompson F 6'7 200 11/11/1992 Ohio St Draft Pick
32 Henry Sims C 6'10 248 3/27/1990 Georgetown Univ. Waiver
33 Ismael Romero F 6'8 220 6/23/1991 Cuba Draft Pick
55 Adonis Thomas F 6'6 232 3/25/1993 Memphis Returning
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from November 12, 2015
- Westchester Knicks Pinch Red Claws in Opening Night Thriller - Westchester Knicks
- Red Claws Season Opening Comeback Falls Just Short - Maine Red Claws
- Stampede Finalize Opening Night Roster - Idaho Stampede
- Drive Acquire Henry Sims and Lorenzo Brown - Grand Rapids Drive
- Mad Ants Open Season Saturday, November 14th - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Celtics Assign Mickey and Young to Maine Red Claws - Maine Red Claws
- Warriors Acquire Elliot Williams and Daniel Orton; Finalize Opening - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Bighorns Announce Opening Night Roster - Reno Bighorns
- Legends Announce Opening Night Roster - Texas Legends
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Grand Rapids Drive Stories
- Detroit Pistons Recall Henry Ellenson, Khyri Thomas and Bruce Brown from Grand Rapids Drive
- Drive Top Charge 90-82 Saturday Night
- Bulls Hold off Late Surge to Beat Drive
- Detroit Pistons Assign Henry Ellenson, Khyri Thomas and Bruce Brown to Grand Rapids Drive
- Drive, Modern Woodmen Host Veterans Night Game