Drive Acquire Adam Woodbury
GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. - The Grand Rapids Drive, the official NBA G League Affiliate of the Detroit Pistons, announced today that the team has acquired former Iowa Hawkeye big man Adam Woodbury from the available player pool.
The 7-foot-1, 245-pound NBA G League vet attended the University of Iowa before going undrafted in the 2016 NBA Draft. Woodbury was later drafted in the first round of the 2016 NBA Development League Draft by the Maine Red Claws and later traded to the Fort Wayne Mad Ants. Prior to getting claimed by the Drive, Woodbury had appeared in 71 G League games and had 16 starts over the course of four seasons with three teams: Fort Wayne, Westchester and Stockton. Woodbury has averages 4.5 points and 4.8 rebounds during his NBA G League career.
While with the Drive, Woodbury will wear jersey number 34 and will be activated for tomorrow night's game when Grand Rapids visits the Mad Ants in Fort Wayne.
With the news of the Drive claiming Woodbury, Grand Rapids has waived Randy Haynes.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from December 9, 2018
- Long Island Snaps Lakeland's Four-Game Winning Streak - Lakeland Magic
- San Antonio Recalls Chimezie Metu from Austin Spurs - Austin Spurs
- Second Unit Plays Strong in Loss to Clippers - Iowa Wolves
- Drive Acquire Adam Woodbury - Grand Rapids Drive
- Hornets Recall Dwayne Bacon from Greensboro Swarm - Greensboro Swarm
- Warriors Lose 96-95 to Vipers, Drop Second Consecutive Game by a Single Point - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Jawun Evans Plays Grinch, Gets 8 Steals in Suns' Christmas Game - Northern Arizona Suns
- Herd Rallies Past Red Claws in Triple Overtime Victory - Wisconsin Herd
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.