Drillers invite six players from tryouts
The Beaumont Drillers have invited six players to their 2005 training camp beginning in March after impressing coaches and personnel during the open tryout on Dec. 18.
Those six include two local players, Jeremy Bearden of Port Neches and Dalton Woods of Saratoga. Bearden, a 5-10, 180-pound linebacker, played for the Waco Marshals of the NIFL last year. Woods, 6-3, 290-pound lineman, has experience with the Lake Charles Landsharks and prepped at West Hardin.
The other invitees are:
- Richard Edwards, WR/DB, (5-11, 205), University of Houston, El Paso Rumble (IFL), Odessa Roughnecks (IFL)
- Dean McDaniel, WR/DB, (6-0, 175), Texas A&M, Texas Extreme
- Woodrow Dean, RB/SS, (6-2, 225), Ruston High
- Troy Savarese, QB, (6-4, 235), Kemper Military College
"McDaniel had the most impressive workout," said Driller head coach Bryan Blake. "He ran a sub 4.5-40-yard dash on the grass and was very explosive off the ball. He ran very precise routes and made great catches. Even more impressive, was that he did all of this after leaving home at 4 a.m. and driving four hours from Longview, Texas, to make it for the 8 a.m. registration."
The Drillers are entering their third year of NIFL play in Beaumont. For more information, call (409) 212-1011.
• Discuss this story on the National Indoor Football League message board...
National Indoor Football League Stories from December 27, 2004
- Drillers invite six players from tryouts - Beaumont Drillers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.