Dorados To Host Appetite for Education Cook-Off Fundraiser on July 52th
HIDALGO, TEXAS --- The Rio Grande Valley Dorados of arenafootball2 (af2), in association with South Texas College (STC), today announced details for the 2009 Appetite for Education Cook-Off to take place outside Dodge Arena on Saturday, July 9.
Officially sanctioned by the International Bar-B-Que Cookers Association (IBCA), more than 50 teams will have the opportunity to grill up the best of fajitas, chicken, pork ribs and brisket, all while raising funds to keep a college education affordable and accessible to all Valley students.
The event, supported by The Dorados, STC, The City of Hidalgo, L & F Distributors BL , Budweiser SPI Bike Fest, RGVC Hog, RGV Harley Davidson, and Dodge Arena will raise funds for South Texas College's General Scholarship Fund.
In addition to a grilling competition, awards will be presented to the best beans and cobbler. All attendees will have a chance to select their favorite dishes with the "People's Choice Award."
For additional information & sponsorship opportunities contact the Dorados office at (956) 843-7825 or call Diane Atkinson at (956) 872-2665, or (956) 445-2542. SIGN UP YOUR TEAM TODAY!
• Discuss this story on the arenafootball2 message board...
arenafootball2 Stories from July 9, 2009
- Pack the House for Charity Release - Corpus Christi Sharks
- Dorados To Host Appetite for Education Cook-Off Fundraiser on July 52th - Rio Grande Valley Dorados
- Aerodynamics - af2
- Week 16 :Quick Hitters - af2
- Broadway Joe's To Host Firebirds Viewing Parties - Albany Firebirds
- Dusters Play at Library, Visit WAL-MART Saturday - Amarillo Venom
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.