Dixon Named Warrior Offensive Player of the Week
ANNAPOLIS, MD - Chesapeake Bayhawks midfielder Kyle Dixon was named the Warrior Offensive Player of the Week according to Major League Lacrosse (MLL).
Dixon led the Bayhawks to a 17-14 win over the Rochester Rattlers Saturday night, highlighted by three two-point goals. This matches the MLL record book for two-point goals in a game, last set by Dixon himself in May of 2012. He also raised his individual career record for two-point goals, hitting 50, furthering the distance from runner-up Roy Colsey who has 33.
"When an elite player comes back in shape, great things happen," head coach Dave Cottle said. "Dixon has prepared himself to have a great season. He put on a shooting show in Florida and scored from all angles which is a testament to his off-season preparation."
Two of Dixon's two-point goals came in the first quarter, as well as an assist to Ben Hunt. His third goal came in the second quarter, accumulating all seven of his points in the first half of the game. Dixon was named Player of the Game, and will look to continue his success this weekend at home against the New York Lizards.
The 2013 home opener is Saturday, May 4th against the New York Lizards at 7:00 PM at Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium. Fireworks will be held after the game and will be presented by G&G Outfitters. Tickets are still available and can be purchased online at www.thebayhawks.com or over the phone by calling the box office 866-99-HAWKS (42957).
• Discuss this story on the Major League Lacrosse message board...
Major League Lacrosse Stories from April 29, 2013
- Dixon Named Warrior Offensive Player of the Week - Chesapeake Bayhawks
- Dixon and Gurenlian Named Warrior Players of the Week - MLL
- Nationals' Billings Wins Indoor Award - Hamilton Nationals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Chesapeake Bayhawks Stories
- Chesapeake Suffers First Loss, Falls 13-11 to Visiting Boston
- Chesapeake BayHawks Midfielder Ben Hunt Announces Retirement from MLL
- Chesapeake BayHawks Goalie Kip Turner Announces Retirement
- BayHawks Receive Three Players and First Round Pick for Goalie Tyler Fiorito
- BayHawks Select Maloney as Top Pick in 2016 MLL Collegiate Draft