Defensive Lineman Added to Practice Roster
The Calgary Stampeders have added American defensive lineman Anthony Johnson to the practice roster.
Here is more information on the newcomer:
Born: Jan. 24, 1993
Birthplace: New Orleans, LA
Johnson appeared in a total of 22 National Football League games with the Miami Dolphins, New England Patriots, New York Jets and Indianapolis Colts over three seasons (2014, 2016-17) and recorded 15 tackles and one fumble recovery.
Prior to turning pro,Johnson played 40 games - including 16 starts - over three seasons at Louisiana State University. Johnson finished his career with the Tigers with 77 tackles including 22 tackles for loss and seven sacks. He earned second-team all-Southeastern Conference honours in 2013 after recording 35 tackles including nine tackles for loss and three sacks in 13 games.
He was named Louisiana's high school player of the year in 2010 and set a state record with 67.5 career sacks.
In other transaction news, the Stampeders have released national offensive lineman Zack Williams from the practice roster. Williams will remain with the team as he continues to rehab from an injury.
• Discuss this story on the Canadian Football League message board...
Canadian Football League Stories from August 13, 2019
- Defensive Lineman Added to Practice Roster - Calgary Stampeders
- Alouettes Add Two to Practice Roster - Montreal Alouettes
- C.J. Gable Named CFL Player of the Week - Edmonton Eskimos
- Record $125K up for Grabs in Saturday's RedBlacks 50/50 Draw - Ottawa RedBlacks
- Janarion Grant, Brandon Banks and CJ Gable named Shaw CFL Top Performers - CFL
- Banks Named a CFL Top Performer for Week 9 - Hamilton Tiger-Cats
- Janarion Grant Named Shaw CFL Top Performer for Week 9 - Winnipeg Blue Bombers
- Stefan Logan Joins Practice Roster - Ottawa RedBlacks
- BC Lions Re-Sign DL David Menard - B.C. Lions
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.