David Archuleta To Perform At Season-Opener
SALT LAKE CITY - The Utah Blaze are proud to announce that former season seven "American Idol" contestant, David Archuleta, a Murray, Utah native, will provide the half-time entertainment for the Blaze's season-opener versus the Spokane Shock on Friday, April 9th at 7pm at the E Center.
Archuleta, who emerged onto the music scene through the popular show "American Idol", will sing two songs during the half-time of the season-opener.
"Having David perform at our season-opener will provide a great night of entertainment for fans of all ages," said Blaze owner Dave Affleck. "There will be something appealing and exciting for everyone in the family."
Archuleta was named one of Forbes' Breakout Stars of 2008. His first album was released in November of 2008, peaking at #2 on the Billboard charts, as did his first single, "Crush," which has sold 1.5 million digital copies in the United States.
In addition to Archuleta performing at half-time, Justin Williams, a recent season nine contestant on "American Idol", will be singing the National Anthem. Williams was diagnosed with cancer and underwent multiple surgeries and chemotherapy prior to appearing on the show. He is also a Utah native living in Sandy.
The Blaze opens the 2010 season April 9 when they host the Spokane Shock. Former "American Idol" contestant, David Archuleta, will be providing the half-time entertainment for the game. Single-game tickets can be purchased through www.ticketmaster.com. Group and season tickets are also available by calling 888-99BLAZE or information can be found at www.utblaze.com.
• Discuss this story on the Arena Football League message board...
Arena Football League Stories from March 23, 2010
- Camp Notes - Day Eight - Tampa Bay Storm
- Shock Add DL Clebert To Roster - Spokane Shock
- Orlando And Tampa Bay Arena Football Games Now Available On Bright House Sports Network - Tampa Bay Storm
- Jacksonville Sharks Score Touchdown With Local Television Agreement - Jacksonville Sharks
- Free Barnstormers Pre-Season Scrimmage Vs Tulsa Tomorrow At Vets - Iowa Barnstormers
- David Archuleta To Perform At Season-Opener - Utah Blaze
- Iron Announce Sportsradio 1250 AM WSSP As Flagship Radio Station - Milwaukee Mustangs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.