D-Fenders Re-Acquire Elijah Millsap
EL SEGUNDO - The Los Angeles D-Fenders have re-acquired 6'6" guard Elijah Millsap, it was announced today.
Millsap, a 2010 All-Conference USA First Team selection following his junior season at Alabama-Birmingham, returns to the D-Fenders after averaging 19.4 points, 6.3 rebounds and 1.9 steals over 41 regular season games in 2011-12. Acquired by the D-Fenders in a trade with Tulsa, Millsap helped lead the D-Fenders to the first NBA D-League Finals berth in franchise history and earned a 2012 NBA Development League All-Star Game selection along with 2012 NBA D-League All-Second Team honors.
Millsap, a native of Grambling, Louisiana, has appeared in 91 career NBA D-League games (77 starts), averaging 17.1 points, 5.8 rebounds and 1.5 steals. Additionally, in 11 career NBA D-League playoff games, Millsap has averaged 22.4 points, 6.6 rebounds and 1.9 steals.
Most recently, Millsap played in five games for the Atlanta Hawks during the 2012 NBA Summer League in Las Vegas and later joined the Shanghai Sharks (China - CBA).
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from December 13, 2012
- Reno Bighorns To Hold Kids Basketball Camp December 26-27 - Reno Bighorns
- Austin Toros to Host High School Game of the Week - Austin Spurs
- Santa Cruz Warriors Individual Game Tickets Will Go on Sale - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Pacers Re-Assign Miles Plumlee to Mad Ants - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Indiana Pacers Re-Assign Miles Plumlee to NBA D-League Affiliate Fort Wayne Mad Ants - G League
- D-Fenders Re-Acquire Elijah Millsap - Los Angeles D-Fenders
- Texas Legends Announce Groundbreaking Partnership with Veracruz - Texas Legends
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.