Cotton Kings address lease agreement to the media
The Lubbock Cotton Kings are very happy with their new lease agreement and the future outlook of Cotton Kings hockey and their relationship with the City Council and Mayor David Miller.
The last couple of weeks, the Cotton Kings have had to clear the air on several issues surrounding the lease talks. Incorrect items within the lease talks were leaked to the media which caused a storm of criticism towards the Kings and the City. The terms of "subsidizing" and references to the Kings costing taxpayers money was loosely used. The Kings organization refrained from making any public comments surrounding the lease until the new lease was approved.
Today, the Kings held a press conference to thank the City and Mayor David Miller on their hard work on putting a lease together that has more benefits for the Kings and is a step towards future lease agreements that will continue to benefit both parties. They also presented financial reports they issued to the City explaining why they needed a better lease agreement. Finally, the Kings addressed some of the negative press they have received due to the lease talks. They addressed some of the inaccuracies that were floating around
To read a transcript of General Manager Todd Chisnell's announcement today, please log onto www.cottonkings.com
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from August 1, 2006
- Cotton Kings address lease agreement to the media - Lubbock Cotton Kings
- Callahan Brakes for Lubbock - Lubbock Cotton Kings
- Westminster Total Beverage Leads Initial Sponsors of Broomfield Event Center - Rocky Mountain Rage
- Bucks Will Sign Player Thursday - Laredo Bucks
- Killer Bees blueliner Dulle returns - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- Bossier-Shreveport's Steve Mears Becomes Voice of NHL's New York Islanders - CHL
- Mudbugs to Have a New Voice in '06-'07 - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.