Community Basket Day Fundraiser Information Released
Burlington, IA (February 8, 2012) - Once again, area charities can sell Community Basket Tickets to earn money for their organization. The 2012 Community Basket Day at Community Field will be Sunday, May 20th.
The largest community basket in Iowa event brings in thousands of dollars to local charities every year. The groups sell tickets for $2 and keep $1 for their organization. The raffle for the basket (valued at nearly $20,000) will be held at Community Field on May 20th when the Bees take on Beloit at 2:00 PM.
There will be a "Kickoff" meeting on Tuesday, February 28th from 5:30 to 7:00 PM at Martini's Grille in Burlington for all groups who wish to participate. At the meeting, tickets will be distributed along with other important information. Please RSVP for the Kickoff meeting no later than Thursday, February 23rd by contacting Kim at 319/754-5705 or email@example.com.
Groups who wish to participate must show proof that they have a 501(c)(3) status. Please contact Kim if you have any questions.
• Discuss this story on the Midwest League message board...
Midwest League Stories from February 8, 2012
- LumberKings Hire Crews as Head Groundskeeper - Clinton LumberKings
- Mysterious Box Arrives at Dow Diamond - Great Lakes Loons
- TinCaps Launch Reward Sweepstakes - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Community Basket Day Fundraiser Information Released - Burlington Bees
- Cougars to Debut Princess Night in 2012 - Kane County Cougars
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.