Comets guard undergoes surgery
HOUSTON (July 2, 2008) - Mwadi Mabika, a 5-11 starting guard for the Houston Comets, underwent arthroscopic surgery to repair cartilage on her right knee. The surgery was successful and she will spend the next four to six weeks completing rehabilitation.
Mabika has started in 10 of the 13 games in which she's played this season, posting averages of 6.0 points, 2.2 rebounds and 1.2 assists per game. A Los Angeles Spark for 11 years, Mabika was signed as a free agent by the Houston Comets on February 20, 2008.
The Houston Comets seek to even the score against Ticha Penicheiro and the Sacramento Monarchs during a July 5, 2 p.m. match at Reliant Arena. Individual game tickets are on sale at all Ticketmaster outlets and online at www.ticketmaster.com. To purchase season tickets or group tickets, call 713-627-WNBA. For more information about the Houston Comets, visit www.houstoncomets.com.
• Discuss this story on the Women's National Basketball Association message board...
Women's National Basketball Association Stories from July 2, 2008
- Comets guard undergoes surgery - Houston Comets
- Minnesota Lynx Daily - Minnesota Lynx
- Increased Ratings, Attendance and Sellouts - WNBA
- Sacramento Monarchs Weekly Update - Sacramento Monarchs
- Lakers' Derek Fisher Joins Sparks' Broadcast Team - Los Angeles Sparks
- Sparks' Candace Parker nominated for ESPY Award - Los Angeles Sparks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.