Cody Hoban Commits to Sacred Heart University
Cody Hoban is staying close to home. The 19-year-old Guilford, CT native has officially committed to the Sacred Heart Pioneers and will join up with the team for the spring semester.
"When I was offered the opportunity to attend SHU, it felt like the right fit for me," Hoban commented. "I'm extremely excited to be a part of their program next semester."
Hoban is a Connecticut kid through and through. Prior to joining the Danbury Jr. Hat Tricks, he was a captain at the Loomis Chaffee School in Windsor, as well as playing junior hockey in New Haven for the Yale Jr. Bulldogs.
He was a leader for the Jr. Hat Tricks, flashing a great deal of skill with his speed and precision. He notched a goal and five assists in six games with Danbury.
"Cody is a dynamic player," noted head coach Billy McCreary. "Not only does he possess a high hockey IQ, but he has the innate ability to make others around him better. We're very proud that Cody has earned this opportunity."
McCreary took great pride in marking this first achievement as a staff; the organization has prioritized growing the junior and collegiate hockey landscape in the state of Connecticut. For the team's first committed departure to be a home-grown talent staying local is a feather in the cap for the franchise in its first NAHL campaign.
"I've been extremely lucky to be in Danbury these last couple of months," Hoban explained. "The relationships I've made and the development I've had on and off the ice has been second to none. I can't thank everyone in Danbury enough."
"There's a special group in Danbury," he continued. "I'll definitely be keeping track of them the rest of the way."
The Sacred Heart Pioneers will resume play on January 2nd, 2021 with a home matchup with the Army Black Knights. They have 19 games remaining on their schedule running through the end of February.
"With the current COVID landscape, there's limited opportunities for players at all levels," McCreary acknowledged. "This speaks volumes to the quality of individual that Sacred Heart is receiving. We want to wish their program and Cody the best of luck moving forward."
• Discuss this story on the North American Hockey League message board...
North American Hockey League Stories from December 21, 2020
- NAHL Announces Stars of the Week - NAHL
- Changes Made to Late December and Early January Games - Austin Bruins
- Wings Sign Tender Mason Kelly - Aberdeen Wings
- Chippewa Steel Set to Host Home Games December 31-January 2 - Chippewa Steel
- Cody Hoban Commits to Sacred Heart University - Danbury Jr. Hat Tricks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Danbury Jr. Hat Tricks Stories
- Danbury Arena Allowing 10 Percent Capacity for Jr. Hat Tricks Games for March
- Coaches Billy McCreary, Vinny Malts Share Brave Message of Mental Health Struggles
- Jr. Hat Tricks Captain Kyle Gudme Commits to University of St. Thomas
- Danbury Hat Tricks Launch Fan Experience Initiative with "SuperFan Calls"
- Jr Hat Tricks Alum Cody Hoban Shines in Sacred Heart Debut