Cleveland Monsters Forward Zac Dalpe Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week
CLEVELAND - The American Hockey League announced today that Cleveland Monsters forward Zac Dalpe has been selected as the CCM/AHL Player of the Week for the period ending November 4, 2018. Dalpe recorded five goals and three assists for eight points in two games for the Monsters, who finished the week in second place in the North Division.
On Friday night, Dalpe registered his second career AHL hat trick - and first since Mar. 27, 2010 - and added an assist as Cleveland defeated Toronto, 7-6 in a shootout. Then on Sunday evening, he scored two more goals and assisted on two others in the Monsters' 8-4 loss to Grand Rapids. It marked the second time in Dalpe's AHL career that he authored back-to-back four-point games.
A native of Paris, Ont., Dalpe now leads the AHL with 19 points and is tied for first with 12 goals in 12 games for Cleveland this season. The ninth-year pro was originally a second-round selection by Carolina in the 2008 NHL Draft, and has totaled 120 goals and 115 assists for 235 points in 317 career AHL games with Cleveland, Iowa, Rochester, Utica, Charlotte and Albany. Dalpe, who turned 29 on Thursday, has skated in 140 NHL games with Carolina, Vancouver, Buffalo, Minnesota and Columbus, tallying 12 goals and 12 assists. The Ohio State University product was acquired by the Blue Jackets off waivers on Feb. 27, 2017.
In recognition of being named the CCM/AHL Player of the Week, Dalpe will be presented with an etched crystal award prior to an upcoming Monsters home game.
Next up for the Monsters, it's a Wednesday road clash vs. the Rochester Americans with full coverage, live from KeyBank Center in Buffalo, NY, home ice of the Americans' NHL affiliate, the Buffalo Sabres, underway at 7:00 pm on Alt 99.1, AHLTV and the Monsters Hockey Network.
2018-19 Monsters Hockey Club Memberships, providing fans the ability to lock in the lowest ticket prices, the best seat locations to each game, custom member benefits and an exclusive Monsters jersey, are now available! Group outing and birthday bash packages for 10 or more people are also on sale now. All tickets can be purchased by visiting ClevelandMonsters.com, calling (216) 420-0000 or any Northern Ohio Discount Drug Mart. Be sure to follow the Monsters on Twitter @monstershockey, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/monstershockey, and on Instagram @monstershockey.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from November 5, 2018
- IceHogs to Host Hockey Fights Cancer Night on Friday, November 23 - Rockford IceHogs
- Darren's Double Helps Hogs Top Ads - Rockford IceHogs
- Roadrunners Weekly - Tucson Roadrunners
- Rangers Recall Lias Andersson from Hartford - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Roadrunners Name Dakota Mermis Team Captain, Announce 2018-19 Leadership Group - Tucson Roadrunners
- Organization Announces Roster Changes Between Texas and Idaho - Texas Stars
- P-Bruins Week in Review - Providence Bruins
- Manitoba Moose Weekly: November 5 - Manitoba Moose
- Ontario Reign Unveil New Ticket Offers - Ontario Reign
- Wolf Pack Weekly - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Berdin Reassigned to Jacksonville - Manitoba Moose
- Predators Sign Donovan to Two-Year, Two-Way Deal - Milwaukee Admirals
- Roadrunners Announce Additional Programming on IHeartRadio and FOX Sports 1450 AM - Tucson Roadrunners
- Heat in San Jose Tonight at 7PM Looking to Hand Barracuda Their Second Regulation Loss of the Season - Stockton Heat
- Cleveland Monsters Forward Zac Dalpe Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - Cleveland Monsters
- Cleveland's Zac Dalpe Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Capitals Assign Nathan Walker to Hershey - Hershey Bears
- Chicago Wolves Insider for November 5 - Chicago Wolves
- Florida Panthers Loan G Michael Hutchinson to Springfield - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Rampage Fall Short in Bakersfield - San Antonio Rampage
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Cleveland Monsters Stories
- Monsters Upended by Senators, 4-2
- Blue Jackets Reassign Goaltender Matiss Kivlenieks to ECHL's Kalamazoo Wings
- Monsters Clip Senators in Shootout, 2-1
- Blue Jackets Recall Forward Kole Sherwood from Monsters
- Abramov and Sherwood Tally Two Goals Each for Monsters in 5-2 Win over Rochester