Chicago Sky Clinch Second Straight Playoff Berth
Bradenton, Fla. - The Chicago Sky officially has a ticket to the postseason. By virtue of the Atlanta Dream's victory over the Indiana Fever on Tuesday night, the Sky will advance to the 2020 WNBA Playoffs.
It is the first time since 2016 the Sky has reached the playoffs in back-to-back seasons. With five games remaining before the end of the 2020 regular season on Sept. 13, 2020, Chicago needs just one more victory to secure what would be the fifth-winning season in franchise history.
General Manager and Head Coach James Wade and the Sky (11-6) look to reach that milestone tomorrow, Wednesday, Sept. 2 when the team faces the Minnesota Lynx (11-5) at 7:00p ET / 6:00p CT.
• Discuss this story on the Women's National Basketball Association message board...
Women's National Basketball Association Stories from September 1, 2020
- Chicago Sky Clinch Second Straight Playoff Berth - Chicago Sky
- New York Liberty Postgame Notes vs. Connecticut - New York Liberty
- Wings Look to Douse Sparks Wednesday - Dallas Wings
- Barclays Center to Serve as Polling Site for 2020 General Election - New York Liberty
- Minnesota Timberwolves and Lynx Tip off Pack the Vote Initiative - Minnesota Lynx
- Smalls Shines in Rookie Debut on First Night of Back-To-Back - Indiana Fever
- Vandersloot Becomes 1st Player in History to Record 18 Assists in Single Game; Shattering 22-Year-Old Record - Chicago Sky
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Chicago Sky Stories
- Chicago Sky Launches Beyond Basketball Pitch Competition, Will Award $90,000 to Local Businesses
- Courtney Vandersloot Named to All-WNBA First Team for Second Consecutive Season
- Vandersloot Officially First Player in WNBA History to Average 10.0 APG in Season
- Chicago Sky Sign Alexis Prince
- Chicago Sky Clinch Second Straight Playoff Berth