Chicago Shamrox Player Named NLL Defensive Player of the Week
CHICAGO, IL January 31, 2007 - Chicago Shamrox goaltender Brandon Miller was named the National Lacrosse League Defensive Player of the Week for Week #5. Miller recorded 41 saves and allowed just ten goals as the Shamrox held on to beat the San Jose Stealth 11-10 on Friday. Miller also tallied two assists and collected four loose balls as Chicago improved to 3-1 and remained in first place in the Eastern Division with the win.
It marks the second time that Miller, the first overall pick in the 2006 NLL Expansion Draft, has been named NLL Defensive Player of the Week in 2007. The veteran goaltender also earned the honor after recording 46 saves in an opening night victory over the New York Titans.
The Shamrox conclude their road trip this Saturday in a battle for first place at 6:35 p.m. CST against the Rochester Knighthawks at the Blue Cross Arena in Rochester, NY. The Shamrox return home from a four game road trip on February 11th to play the Buffalo Bandits at 3:00 p.m. at the Sears Centre arena in Hoffman Estates, IL. Individual tickets start at just $15 per seat and group discounts are available for groups of 10 or more. For ticket information call 877-SHAMROX or visit www.chicagoshamrox.com.
• Discuss this story on the National Lacrosse League message board...
National Lacrosse League Stories from January 31, 2007
- Rochester's John Grant wins weekly awards - Rochester Knighthawks
- Stealth Lacrosse Appreciation Night On February 3 - San Jose Stealth
- Chicago Shamrox Player Named NLL Defensive Player of the Week - Chicago Shamrox
- Snider can't wait to confront his pals - Calgary Roughnecks
- Wings' Rookies Receive National Lacrosse League Weekly Honors - Philadelphia Wings
- NLL Announces Week Five Player Awards - NLL
- Rock prepare for home-and-home series vs. Bandits - Toronto Rock
- National Lacrosse League expands worldwide coverage on Eurosport networks to 50 countries - NLL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.