CFL and Reebok unveil new game jerseys
May 3, 2005 - Canadian Football League (CFL) News Release
Toronto, Ontario Â– The Canadian Football League in partnership with Reebok, unveiled today its new home and away jerseys for each of the nine member clubs. With a bold new look incorporating updated design elements and alternative colour applications, the new jerseys will be worn for the first time in CFL stadiums across the country this season.
Â“This national jersey launch marks a significant milestone in our partnership with Reebok, and further builds upon the LeagueÂ’s growing momentum heading toward the 2005 season,Â” said Brent Scrimshaw, Senior Vice President of Marketing & Partnerships, CFL. Â“Committed to the advancement of our game both on and off the field, this major initiative provides us the opportunity to ensure our athletes are wearing the very best in on-field equipment and at the same time to deliver CFL fans a product representative of the tradition of the League and of its vision for the future.Â”
Reebok and the CFL joined forces in 2004 in a licensing partnership that represents the largest of its kind in the history of the League. The CFL continues to capture market share in the sports licensed business, with CFL merchandise recording a 55 percent increase in sales this year over last year at the same time.
Â“ReebokÂ’s re-design of the CFL gear represents the very best of design, function, and style in the global world of sports licensed products,Â” said Dennis Watson, VP of Sales, Reebok. Â“The jerseys are not only visually different for each of the nine teams, but they also offer the ultimate in fit, fabrication, construction, and performance for CFL athletes. Working closely with the CFL and its nine member clubs, innovation on the field of play with Reebok footwear, apparel, and equipment continues to be a top priority.Â”
Replica jerseys and additional sideline gear will be available at select retail stores across the country, with full distribution starting May 13, 2005. For additional information and photos of the CFLÂ’s new jerseys, visit www.cfl.ca.
â€˘ Discuss this story on the Canadian Football League message board...
Canadian Football League Stories from May 3, 2005
- Stamps join Flames food and beverage - Calgary Stampeders
- Stampeders unveil new red and white jerseys - Calgary Stampeders
- StampsÂ’ Store sold to former Stampeder - Calgary Stampeders
- Season ticket sales surpass 16,000 mark - Winnipeg Blue Bombers
- Lady Renegades Football 101 Seminars kick off this weekend - Ottawa Renegades
- CFL and Reebok unveil new game jerseys - CFL
- Riders add three to O-Line - Saskatchewan Roughriders
- Eskimos launch new look for Â’05 and beyond - Edmonton Elks
- Bombers unveil new uniforms - Winnipeg Blue Bombers
- Plenty of local flavour as Esks add four more Canadians for camp - Edmonton Elks
- Ticats Add Three Imports - Hamilton Tiger-Cats
- New Eskimo jerseys unveiled for 2005 - Edmonton Elks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.