Central Illinois Bested by Green Bay Goaltender
GREEN BAY, Wisc. - The Central Illinois Flying Aces were blanked by the Green Bay Gamblers in a Sunday afternoon game. This game concluded a stretch where the Aces played seven games in eleven days as well as finishing a three-game weekend.
Green Bay scored the first goal of the game midway through the first period after Braden Costello was able to bury the rebound from his own shot.
Early in the second period, Kyle Grundy wristed one short side for the second Gamblers goal of the afternoon. The Gamblers picked up their third goal of the game late in the second after some tic-tac-toe passing resulted in a goal for Tyler Spott. They concluded the game with an empty net goal for a final score of 4 to 0.
The Flying Aces outshot the Gamblers 32 to 25, but couldn't crack the Gamblers goaltender.
Central Illinois travels to Madison on Friday, March 8th before returning home on March 9th against Muskegon for 3-0-9 Blackout Night.
For tickets or more information, call the Flying Aces at 309-434-2980 or visit www.flyingaceshockey.com.
• Discuss this story on the United States Hockey League message board...
United States Hockey League Stories from March 3, 2019
- Phantoms Blank Musekgon 2-0 - Youngstown Phantoms
- Muskegon Drops Weekend Finale at Youngstown 2-0 - Muskegon Lumberjacks
- Musketeers' Weekend Ends with a Thud - Sioux City Musketeers
- Stampede Move into 2nd Place After 5-2 Win in Sioux City - Sioux Falls Stampede
- Central Illinois Bested by Green Bay Goaltender - Central Illinois Flying Aces
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.