CBS Sports Network to Air NLL Games in Primetime
(Rochester, November 14)... The National Lacrosse League has announced that the league has reached a two-year agreement with CBS Sports Network to air NLL games during the 2012 and 2013 seasons. The national television package for the 2012 season features five regular-season and three post-season games, including the 2012 NLL Championship Game. All games will air live on Saturday evenings, marking the first primetime weekly television package in league history. All games will also be broadcast in High Definition. Fans in Rochester can catch games on channels 232 and 557 on Time Warner Cable.
"We're excited to have a television partner that is committed to the sport of lacrosse and the National Lacrosse League," said NLL Commissioner George Daniel. "CBS Sports Network is a fast-growing network, and we look forward to showcasing the hard-hitting and high-scoring action of the NLL."
"The NLL adds to our extensive line-up of lacrosse programming and we're thrilled to showcase the compelling action nationally," said Ross Molloy, Vice President, CBS Sports Network. "Lacrosse is one of the fastest growing sports and we're excited to further serve the passionate fan base."
IMG Worldwide, which represents the NLL in broadcast and sponsorship matters, negotiated the agreement on behalf of the league. The NLL on CBS Sports Network will begin on Saturday, April 7th. The complete television schedule will be announced at a later date.
The Knighthawks will open their 2012 Training Camp at Total Sports Experience in Gates on Saturday, November 19th with a 9:00 to 11:00 p.m. session. Fans can also see the team in action on Saturday, December 17th, as the Knighthawks host a home preseason against the Minnesota Swarm at 7:00 p.m. at The Blue Cross Arena. Tickets for the game are FREE and available at the Knighthawks Office.
The Knighthawks will open their 18th season on Saturday, January 14th in Philadelphia against the East Division Wings. The Knighthawks will open the home portion of their schedule on Saturday, January 21st against the Buffalo Bandits at 7:30 p.m. at The Blue Cross Arena. For more information or to purchase season tickets, call (585) 454-HAWK (4295).
CBS Sports Network is seen in 44 million homes and is available to 98 million households across the country. The Network is available through local cable and video providers (Verizon FiOS Channel 94 and AT&T U-Verse Channel 643 and 1643-HD), and nationally via satellite on DirecTV Channel 613 and DISH Network Channel 152. CBS Sports Network is also available in Canada on the following cable providers: Bell ExpressVU, Eastlink, Cogeco Cable, Rogers Cable and Bell Aliant. For more information and to access the CBS Sports Network channel finder, go to www.cbssportsnetwork.com.
• Discuss this story on the National Lacrosse League message board...
National Lacrosse League Stories from November 14, 2011
- Knighthawks Re-Sign Driscoll, Bring Back Henhawk - Rochester Knighthawks
- Minnesota Swarm Signs Greg Downing to Two-Year Contract - Minnesota Swarm
- Bill Greer Signs 3-Year Contract - Toronto Rock
- NLL Reaches TV Agreement with CBS Sports Network - Toronto Rock
- CBS Sports Network to Air NLL Games in Primetime - Rochester Knighthawks
- National Lacrosse League Reaches Television Agreement with CBS Sports Network - NLL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Rochester Knighthawks Stories
- Knighthawks Unveil Plans for Jr. Knighthawks Program
- Dan Carey Named to Team Canada Staff for Men's U19 Lacrosse World Championship
- NLL 2019 Expansion Draft Set
- Knighthawks Unveil Logo, Team Operations Staff for Inaugural National Lacrosse League Season
- Knighthawks Driving for Five to End the Season