Card's Taylor Assigned to Fire
Louisville, KY-The Louisville Fire Arena Football team has been assigned Deriontae' Taylor (5'10,260 lbs., University of Louisville). Taylor is the second University of Louisville product to join the Fire for the 2008 season. He was a member of the 2007 Orange Bowl championship team.
Taylor was originally recruited to U of L to play linebacker but moved to the fullback position fulltime during the 2005 season. He appeared in 28 games, on both sides of the ball, during his tenure at U of L. Taylor scored one touchdown and added six tackles. He was one of eight true freshmen to see action in 2003.
"Taylor was an integral part of the success that the University of Louisville success," according to Head Coach Tommy Johnson. "He possesses great size and strength to be successful in our league."
The Louisville Fire will kickoff the 2008 season against the Iowa Barnstormers on March 29. Season tickets for the 2008 Fire season are on sale now and can be purchased by calling 502.368.0009 today. Season ticket packages begin at $72.
• Discuss this story on the arenafootball2 message board...
arenafootball2 Stories from February 20, 2008
- Local Connection- Thunder Assigned Former Penguin Tanner - Mahoning Valley Thunder
- Medlock and Walker Return to Renegades - Lubbock Renegades
- Vipers Continue To Load For 2008 - Alabama Vipers
- Card's Taylor Assigned to Fire - Louisville Fire
- Bossier-Shreveport BattleWings Booster Club Meeting February 21 - Bossier-Shreveport Battle Wings
- Kansas City tops San Jose in Stockton exhibition - Stockton Lightning
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.