Capitals Re-Assign Brett Leason to Hershey
ARLINGTON, Va. - The Washington Capitals have re-assigned forward Brett Leason to the Hershey Bears of the American Hockey League (AHL), senior vice president and general manager Brian MacLellan announced today.
Leason, 23, made his NHL debut on Oct. 29, 2021 against the Arizona Coyotes and has recorded six points (3g, 3a) in 36 games with the Capitals this season. The Calgary, Alberta, native also appeared in one playoff game for the Capitals on May 5. In addition, the 6'5", 218-pound forward has 13 points (6g, 7a) in 31 games with Hershey.
Leason recorded 20 points (9g, 11a) in 33 games during the 2020-21 season with Hershey, including 13 points (5g, 8a) in his final 15 games. Leason surpassed his rookie point total of 14 (3g, 11a) set in 2019-20 in 17 fewer games in 2020-21, while also tripling his goal total. Leason ranked fourth on Hershey in goals and points and second in shots (74). Additionally, Leason was one of five skaters to appear in all 33 of Hershey's games and was the only Hershey player to record a power play goal (1), a shorthanded goal (1) and a game-winning goal (2).
T he Capitals selected Leason with their second round pick, 56th overall, in the 2019 NHL Draft.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from May 7, 2022
- Manitoba Moose Fall to Milwaukee Admirals - Manitoba Moose
- Crunch Downed by Rocket, 3-2, in Game 2 - Syracuse Crunch
- Cooley Shines in Ads' Victory - Milwaukee Admirals
- Timmy Goldman Selected for MASL's Joseph Cairel Award - Utica Comets
- Capitals Re-Assign Brett Leason to Hershey - Hershey Bears
- Round 2 Tickets on Sale Now - Bakersfield Condors
- Capitals Recall Hunter Shepard from Hershey - Hershey Bears
- Belleville Sens Unable to Stave Off Elimination, Fall 4-3 in Overtime to Rochester - Belleville Senators
- Henderson Falls 5-2 to Eagles, End Calder Cup Playoff Run - Henderson Silver Knights
- Colorado Advances to Second Round with 5-2 Win over Silver Knights - Colorado Eagles
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.